What If Tillman Gets Hammered in Spring Training?

mdbdotcom

8 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

On a serious note, even though I’ve always liked him the team has to be willing to walk away if he’s not performing. 

And the one time they did with Gonzo turned out to be a bad idea. This team loves a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What if he has a great spring? Will you THEN concede that he’s going to have a great season, and that the Orioles made a brilliant move to re-sign him?

Yeah, I didn’t think so. But I'm just trying to put some positive vibes out there for a change.

Truthfully, hed really have to look no better than last year and also be getting terrible results for the O’s to cut him before the season begins.    

o

Somewhat similar to the hand-wringing and/or facetious jokes made about the Orioles being in regular-season form when they lose 4 or 5 consecutive Spring Training games ...... but not much of the opposite occurs when they win 4 in a row like they did last week, and/or when they win 6 out of 9 games overall like they are about to do now.

o

Here, I’ll try to be helpful and answer the question.

If Tillman gets lit up every time he pitches in the spring, he’s going to be our #4 starter.

Now ask me what’s going to happen if he pitches really well in the Spring....

4 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Here, Ill try to be helpful and answer the question.

If Tillman gets lit up every time he pitches in the Spring, he’s going to be our #4 starter.

Now, ask me what’s going to happen if he pitches really well in the Spring ........

o

He'll be our #4 starter.

o

5 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Here, Ill try to be helpful and answer the question.

If Tillman gets lit up every time he pitches in the Spring, he’s going to be our #4 starter.

Now, ask me what’s going to happen if he pitches really well in the Spring ........

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

He'll be our #4 starter.

o

o

Unless we sign Lynn, Cobb, or Arrieta. Then he'll be our #5 starter.

o

I think there is no chance that Tillman gets cut before the regular season. None. Now if he pitches really poorly in his first 6 or 7 regular season games then all bets are off. I think he will be a solid #4 starter, thats mr official prediction.:)

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What if he has a great spring?    Will you concede he’s going to have a great season and the Orioles made a brilliant move to re-sign him?

Yeah, didn’t think so.   But just trying to put some positive vibes out there for a change.

Truthfully, he’d really have to look no better than last year and also be getting terrible results for the O’s to cut him before the season begins.    

He is one of Bucks boys. Even if he did stink up the joint I believe Buck will give him plenty of chances. He is not cutting Tillman before the season. IMO 

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

He'll be our #4 starter.

o

4 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Unless we sign Lynn, Cobb, or Arrieta. Then he'll be our #5 starter.

o

o

Lynn just signed a one-year deal with the Twins.

Now it's down to Cobb or Arrieta.

o

18 hours ago, theobird said:

I think there is no chance that Tillman gets cut before the regular season. None. Now if he pitches really poorly in his first 6 or 7 regular season games then all bets are off. I think he will be a solid #4 starter, thats mr official prediction.:)

I think Tillman will either be better than a no. 4 starter, or much worse.   

I don't think Tillman has ever been anything more than a number 3 starter on a contending team. So, I think it will be neck and neck with Cashner to be the 3 on this team. So I guess what I am saying is if Gausman and Bundy take small steps forward and Cashner repeats his 2017 performance, our Pitching will be pretty decent. And I don't think that is too much of a stretch.

Just now, theobird said:

I don't think Tillman has ever been anything more than a number 3 starter on a contending team. So, I think it will be neck and neck with Cashner to be the 3 on this team. So I guess what I am saying is if Gausman and Bundy take small steps forward and Cashner repeats his 2017 performance, our Pitching will be pretty decent. And I don't think that is too much of a stretch.

If Cashner repeats his 2017 performance it will be a sea change in the analytics community.

Archived