What If Tillman Gets Hammered in Spring Training?

mdbdotcom

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, interloper said:

What a complete failure on multiple levels. With a guy like Lynn opposing you who you could have had for a few million more.

Enough with this drivel. They are two completely disconnected things. It is likely that Lynn had zero intention of signing with the O's. 

So this was basically a worst case scenario for Tillman's debut this spring. His velocity is down. He couldn't throw strikes much less locate in the zone. It's bad, but it's one Spring Training outing. I get that we're quick to judge Tillman after his terrible season last year and this is more the same. It's troublesome, but I'm not completely giving up hope...yet. That said, a bit of insurance in the person of Cobb to allow Tillman to fit in the fifth spot and have allow Buck some flexibility to go in a different direction if needed wouldn't be a bad thing.

Just now, jamalshw said:

So this was basically a worst case scenario for Tillman's debut this spring. His velocity is down. He couldn't throw strikes much less locate in the zone. It's bad, but it's one Spring Training outing. I get that we're quick to judge Tillman after his terrible season last year and this is more the same. It's troublesome, but I'm not completely giving up hope...yet. That said, a bit of insurance in the person of Cobb to allow Tillman to fit in the fifth spot and have allow Buck some flexibility to go in a different direction if needed wouldn't be a bad thing.

Any other pitcher I might agree, but he looks to be the same exact guy with the same exact control issues. Will he walk 6 every time out this spring? Probably not, but I wager the days he has better command he's getting hammered for more runs.

He's done. 

11 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

Day one? Didn't we hear all about how Tillman did so much this offseason? That he had to back off a little once he got to camp because he was ahead of schedule, or some crap like that? And he comes out throwing 87-88.

I'm trying to do my best to reserve judgment, but...

I was at his sim game. It was not a real game. 

Just now, jamalshw said:

1. Cobb is not signing with this team. 

2. Tillman does not belong in the 5th spot anymore than he does in the 4th spot.

Just now, Jagwar said:

1. Cobb is not signing with this team. 

2. Tillman does not belong in the 5th spot anymore than he does in the 4th spot.

1. You're probably right, but until he's off the board, it's a possibility (even if remote).

2. That may be true, you you know as well as I that he'll be in one of the spots to start the year.

Just now, jamalshw said:

1. You're probably right, but until he's off the board, it's a possibility (even if remote).

2. That may be true, you you know as well as I that he'll be in one of the spots to start the year.

Tillman will not be in one of the spots if he can't throw strikes. 

Archived