What If Tillman Gets Hammered in Spring Training?

mdbdotcom

If Tillman can't get out major leaguers, what's plan B?  What scares me about this starting rotation is that there is no room for injuries.  If a starter is hurt or ineffective, their replacement is someone who isn't exactly dominating in AA or AAA or whoever is the long man in the bullpen.

Is this game televised?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big start today! ;) 

But seriously, it kind of is. First indication at velocity, arm slot, COMMAND (his biggest issue last year), and quality of the breaking stuff. A shame it's not televised, but hopefully Roch does more than just rattle off the pitch count. 

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If Tillman can't get out major leaguers, what's plan B?  What scares me about this starting rotation is that there is no room for injuries.  If a starter is hurt or ineffective, their replacement is someone who isn't exactly dominating in AA or AAA or whoever is the long man in the bullpen.

Is this game televised?

No, but it is on the radio.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

How do you watch Tillman throw all offseason and deem him much improved, and then he's very clearly the same exact guy as last season?

For the same reason you sign him to a guaranteed deal when no one else was offering more than a minor league deal.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

How do you watch Tillman throw all offseason and deem him much improved, and then he's very clearly the same exact guy as last season?

Polishing a turd to protect season ticket sales?

The cynical side of me wonders if the club was hiding Tillman to this point in the hopes they wouldn't have to expose him to the fan base until all the other viable SP options were off the market. That way they could say "well there's nothing we can do about it now". All because they don't want to do the right thing.

But Cobb is still out there...

Archived