What If Tillman Gets Hammered in Spring Training?

mdbdotcom

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, interloper said:

How do you watch Tillman throw all offseason and deem him much improved, and then he's very clearly the same exact guy as last season?

You don't have to watch him. You just say, "He reported to camp in great shape. The ball is coming out of his hand good. He's working on some pitches." This is one of the first lessons they do in Baseball Public Relations 101 class.

6 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Still seems crazy to me to hinge your season on Tillman returning to form. Especially when this offseason was flukily awash in competent starters at reasonable prices.

It's absurd.  Not only that, but they are relying on him as their number FOUR starter, while also hoping for a whole lot of luck at number 5.  

It's incredible.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

You don't have to watch him. You just say, "He reported to camp in great shape. The ball is coming out of his hand good. He's working on some pitches." This is one of the first lessons they do in Baseball Public Relations 101 class.

Who cares if Tillman did P90X all off season?  If his arm isn't right, Tillman is of no use to the Orioles.  Well maybe Tillman can get an early start on a career as a personal trainer.  

Just now, weams said:

Pretty similar. Of course, it is day one. At least he did not get pounded in the first as he would have last year. 

Day one? Didn't we hear all about how Tillman did so much this offseason? That he had to back off a little once he got to camp because he was ahead of schedule, or some crap like that? And he comes out throwing 87-88.

I'm trying to do my best to reserve judgment, but...

Archived