Lance Lynn Signs with the Twins (One-Year Deal)

OFFNY

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm hopeful that Hays, Mullins, et al are ready by 2019.

You don’t think Jones accepts do you??? These guys might start thinking a QO is the way to go after the beating their peers have taken recently.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This franchise is just so dumb.  

I'm firmly in the blow it up camp, but it's so hard to see something like this and be like....wtf.

The way the organization is structured is dumb. I don't think Buck, Brady, or DD are dumb. They likely all have different ideas (wildly divergent) of what direction to take the team in. With the multiple power centers structure PA has fostered, you end up with the treading water, hoping for the best situation that we have today.

5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

The way the organization is structured is dumb. I don't think Buck, Brady, or DD are dumb. They likely all have different ideas (wildly divergent) of what direction to take the team in. With the multiple power centers structure PA has fostered, you end up with the treading water, hoping for the best situation that we have today.

Good point.

I’m ticked too, but it takes two to tango. I’ve been trying to sign Alyssa Milano for about 35 years but she’s just not interested. If the Orioles at least made an offer, then I can’t fault them. Now, if no offer was made, then grab a pitchfork for me too...

Man, it looks like the Cubs severely overpaid for Darvish and Chatwood now. But for a team in that market...its only money I guess. Hosmer and Darvish got the biggest contracts (by alot) and I thought going into the winter they were the two most likely to make a team regret a big deal. 

Unless Cobbs medical look bad to the Orioles, he should be signed for 3/45. Which means he will sign a 1 year deal today with the Red Sox.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

Man, it looks like the Cubs severely overpaid for Darvish and Chatwood now. But for a team in that market...its only money I guess. Hosmer and Darvish got the biggest contracts (by alot) and I thought going into the winter they were the two most likely to make a team regret a big deal. 

Unless Cobbs medical look bad to the Orioles, he should be signed for 3/45. Which means he will sign a 1 year deal today with the Red Sox.

Very good take.  Very good. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

100% correct. If not we would have had to hit hit multi year contract demands. 3/40 or 4/49 

From what I can see the penalty for having a pick attatched appears to be over 12 million. 

Nothing to see here.  More of the same.  Blow it up or go for it.  There are only two options... and this idiot franchise stumbles forever down the third path.  Being a fan is supposed to be fun.  This isn't fun.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

Tyler chatwood and Mike Mikolas both look like huge overpays.  Two darlings of the OH.  Man that feels like last offseason. 

Borrowed from Buster... This winter, the Twins landed P Lance Lynn, 1B-DH Logan Morrison, reliever Addison Reed, closer Fernando Rodney, reliever Zach Duke, P Michael Pineda, P Anibal Sanchez, OF Chris Heisey for a total of $55 million -- roughly 38% of what the Padres paid Eric Hosmer.

Archived