Cobb Talk

sportsfan8703

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Yeah. For mid market teams it's a 3rd round. For small market (oakland) It's a 4th and for the big market teams (Yankees) It's a 2nd

A team that receives revenue sharing will lose its third-highest selection in the following year's Draft. If it signs two such players, it will also forfeit its fourth-highest remaining pick.

So a second round pick.

Or am I missing something?

22 minutes ago, weams said:

No it was not. Never. 

I found this and do remember reading that it sat on PA's desk. 

So how did Flaherty land in Philadelphia? Flaherty didn’t want to discuss details, but according to sources, he sat on his offer from the Phillies — staying in touch with the Orioles and waiting for an offer — for three weeks before Philadelphia set an early-February deadline because the club needed to go in another direction if he declined.

Although Schoop's elbow injury isn't considered significant, early scare exposes hole for Orioles

The Orioles had their opportunity to match the Phillies’ offer, and Flaherty was even willing to return for less money, but their counteroffer didn’t get club-wide approval in time to meet the Phillies’ deadline, so he had to take the offer that was on the table.

A similar situation happened earlier in the offseason with Goins, according to a source, that the Orioles had a major league deal worked out to fill the team’s utility spot, but it didn’t get ownersh ip approval in time, and Goins signed a minor league deal with the Royals."  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-bs-orioles-flaherty-20180225-story.html

5 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Insider information, that made me laugh.

Some folks believe Flaherty will not accept minor league assignment with Philly, opt out and land back here.

I hope I have seen the last of Flaherty. I want Cobb to sign with the O's but I don't think that will ever happen. 

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

I hope I have seen the last of Flaherty. I want Cobb to sign with the O's but I don't think that will ever happen. 

Flaherty was very good in his role, and I hope we dont see the difference when somebody less skilled has that spot this season.

Look back at the two long stretches where he played daily, he played much better, its hard to play well, sitting on the bench for a majority of innings.

1 hour ago, weams said:

No it was not. Never. 

From Baltimore Sun:

"The Orioles had their opportunity to match the Phillies’ offer, and Flaherty was even willing to return for less money, but their counteroffer didn’t get club-wide approval in time to meet the Phillies’ deadline, so he had to take the offer that was on the table.

A similar situation happened earlier in the offseason with Goins, according to a source, that the Orioles had a major league deal worked out to fill the team’s utility spot, but it didn’t get ownership approval in time, and Goins signed a minor league deal with the Royals."

32 minutes ago, atomic said:

From Baltimore Sun:

"The Orioles had their opportunity to match the Phillies’ offer, and Flaherty was even willing to return for less money, but their counteroffer didn’t get club-wide approval in time to meet the Phillies’ deadline, so he had to take the offer that was on the table.

A similar situation happened earlier in the offseason with Goins, according to a source, that the Orioles had a major league deal worked out to fill the team’s utility spot, but it didn’t get ownership approval in time, and Goins signed a minor league deal with the Royals."

Where does that say it was sitting on Peter Angelos desk for a month?

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Where does it say it wasn't?

Everyone should be using "IMO" much more often than they are.

If you say it was in the press that it sat on Peter Angelos's desk for months all I need to do is for me to say show me where. 

Archived