Machado on Judge "Tampering"

SeaBird

37 minutes ago, MikeAD said:

Well I guess Judge is a kid in MLB service time.  I still think this is the dumbest thing, I hope Manny doesn't get too caught up in the media.  Big contract coming.  

Why would any of this matter?  I mean at all? How is Manny even involved?

3 hours ago, SeaBird said:

He said players do it all the time and that he tells opponents that they would look good in the Black an Orange.  I find it funny that he called Judge a "kid" seeing that they are both 25 years old.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/17/manny-machado-on-aaron-judge-tampering-flap-free-agent-future/

I'm very interested to know if there has ever been a player who didn't sign with a team because he thought he wouldn't look good in their colors.

24 minutes ago, theocean said:

I'm very interested to know if there has ever been a player who didn't sign with a team because he thought he wouldn't look good in their colors.

I think there was a player who did not sign because a squirrel told him not to. 

2 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I think this is silly. MLB doesn't think it's players of different teams don't talk with each other?

I'm sure they're aware.  The problem was that Judge was so explicit about it (in his comments to the media).  Ultimately teams can't be allowed to use players as agents to skirt tampering rules.  Not saying that's what happened here, but that's why there is a response to Judge's comments.  

I don't know why Judge feels a need to recruit Manny. Manny all ready wants to be there. He will be a Yankee next year without being recruited. Judge is just trying to get a jump on making a new friend for next year

2 minutes ago, joeyc said:

I don't know why Judge feels a need to recruit Manny. Manny all ready wants to be there. He will be a Yankee next year without being recruited. Judge is just trying to get a jump on making a new friend for next year

Good to see you! What position will he play? Do any of the other teams get to bid? If not how does he get to 350 million? And if he does, what makes you think that they like him more than Harper? Just curious. I've heard a bunch of Yankee fans just blindly parrot this without thinking it through. And maybe the Yankees would prefer pitching? Thanks for any response. 

2 hours ago, joeyc said:

I don't know why Judge feels a need to recruit Manny. Manny all ready wants to be there. He will be a Yankee next year, without being recruited. Judge is just trying to get a jump on making a new friend for next year.

o

That should make you very happy.

o

Archived