Wynns sent to Norfolk

Tony-OH

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If Susac and Sisco stick, then Alvarez probably doesn't make it, right?

Yeah, I think that would be the decision. Sisco DHs and Susac backup catches. I think Buck will go with Alvarez though.

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, I think that would be the decision. Sisco DHs and Susac backup catches. I think Buck will go with Alvarez though.

Ol Pete straight up rakes RHP and so versatile, too! He can play all over the field. :leaving:

I like Alvarez as a LH DH, that's one reason I wanted to let Trumbo walk so the Bull and Mancini could get those ABs.  Luckily Mancini is adequate in LF but I'd still rather him be at 1B or DH with a better defensive option in LF.

11 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

So Buck values defense.... and Wynns was a plus defender.... but he was cut.... so that we could carry an extra DH or two (Cisco & Alvarez)... makes perfect sense.

Wynns had a few pretty poor defensive games of late. Sisco has improved defensively this spring and can hit. Pretty simple IMO.

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Wynns had a few pretty poor defensive games of late. Sisco has improved defensively this spring and can hit. Pretty simple IMO.

Sisco is Plan A.     If it doesn’t work well, they can go to Plan B later.

Connolly from Buck:

Wynns impressed with his defense, but he has only eight games of Triple-A experience.

“He needs to get some consistent at-bats and start catching and relax a little bit,” Showalter said.

“I think he felt coming in that [Norfolk] was probably where he was going to go, but you start seeing the way spring training goes. You never know. There’s some things he’s done that aren’t characteristic of how good he can be.”

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2018/03/19/spring-training-primer-davis-returns-roster-getting-little-clearer-tillman-starts-today/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sisco is Plan A.     If it doesn’t work well, they can go to Plan B later.

Yeah. And he should be Plan A. I've been as critical as anyone of his throwing, but we have to find out if he can do it at this level. Apparently it's gotten better, so let's see. Whether or not he throws out 30% of runners isn't going to be what sinks us this year, it'll be the pitching.

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Yeah. And he should be Plan A. I've been as critical as anyone of his throwing, but we have to find out if he can do it at this level. Apparently it's gotten better, so let's see. Whether or not he throws out 30% of runners isn't going to be what sinks us this year, it'll be the pitching.

But there's more to catching defense then just throwing out runners. I think Sisco has enough bat to make up for his below average defense. Also, Joseph is much better playing 4 time a week then 5 or 6 for longer periods of time. I see a playing time share with Joseph catching four times a week and Sisco three.

Archived