Os checking with Dickey

interloper

Feldman as a backup mil contract sign would be good...but either way Wright is toast I think. 

Wright sounded hacked off to me in that article.  Kept saying how adding Cobb was good “for the Orioles.”   Not for us, but for the “Orioles.”   I think he is already thinking about what team might be next for him. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer Dickey over Tillman but I just can't see them dropping Tillman to sign Dickey or Dickey wanting to work out of the bullpen or the Orioles even wanting another bullpen piece considering it's already crowded. It just doesn't make any sense.

28 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If he’s going to be stuck in the minors for a while, he might prefer to do it with the O’s, where the minor league cities are close by to wherever he lives in-season, and where his chances of getting recalled at some point are pretty good.   

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.    

He could take all of his money. And then decide to spend time in the minors anywhere. He would never agree to the assignment. He takes the money and says thank you.

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

I'd prefer Dickey over Tillman but I just can't see them dropping Tillman to sign Dickey or Dickey wanting to work out of the bullpen or the Orioles even wanting another bullpen piece considering it's already crowded. It just doesn't make any sense.

Could this mean that they want Tillman to be the long man out of the pen?  Mike Wright had a horrendous spring...  it wouldn't surprise me if he's pitched himself completely off the team.

16 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Feldman as a backup mil contract sign would be good...but either way Wright is toast I think. 

Wright sounded hacked off to me in that article.  Kept saying how adding Cobb was good “for the Orioles.”   Not for us, but for the “Orioles.”   I think he is already thinking about what team might be next for him. 

Interesting take on Wright, though I must say that I am completely disinterested in his feelings. He has had ample, ample opportunity to solidify himself as a pitcher in Baltimore. Either he can put up or he can’t...

Still bet he makes the start the first time we need a fifth starter. 

37 minutes ago, Ripken said:

The Orioles seem to be sniffing the transaction wire, and otherwise looking for pitching, very hard.  Good.  I like the idea of Feldman to AAA.  There's no way Dickey would go to the minors.  You think they might consider Dickey for the pen?  At this point, for anyone we add, someone has to go.  We know they have faith in four starters.  I'm of the opinion that Wright is gone, either now or when Cobb is ready.  I wonder if they are worried about Tillman.

Why's that?  It's not like there's been a ton of interest to this point.  If he wants to keep playing baseball, why would he not be willing to start in Bowie, just down the street, and be the first guy up if one of our 1-5 goes to the DL?

That said, if I had to pick one, I like the idea of Feldman.

27 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Could this mean that they want Tillman to be the long man out of the pen?  Mike Wright had a horrendous spring...  it wouldn't surprise me if he's pitched himself completely off the team.

Could be they're checking in on him to sign him at a later date, if a starter gets injured. If I'm Dickey - maybe pitching an entire season isn't too enticing - but coming on in June for a contender sounds good.

49 minutes ago, weams said:

He could take all of his money. And then decide to spend time in the minors anywhere. He would never agree to the assignment. He takes the money and says thank you.

Why would he leave the organization he's familiar with just to end up in the minors with another organization? If he wants to get right, wouldn't it be in his best interest to do it in the organization that helped make you right to begin with?

44 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

$3M for Tillman as the long man is wasted money.  Tillman should have never been given a MLB contract.

19 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Why would he leave the organization he's familiar with just to end up in the minors with another organization? If he wants to get right, wouldn't it be in his best interest to do it in the organization that helped make you right to begin with?

Nope. Not at all. He signed with the Os on a MLB deal. Hey. It's ok to release him if you want. 

22 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

According to him, he is right. He is interested in starting for a team to increase his value, to get a multi-year deal this offseason. Dream about TIlly in the minors all you wish, he got his MLB deal. 

22 minutes ago, weams said:

Nope. Not at all. He signed with the Os on a MLB deal. Hey. It's ok to release him if you want. 

He's not getting another MLB deal coming off an injury and a bad ST. So, he's going to probably be in the minors somewhere else. So, it would be in his best interest to be with coaches that have worked with him and know him. The Orioles aren't releasing him either way, so it's a moot point.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

He's not getting another MLB deal coming off an injury and a bad ST. So, he's going to probably be in the minors somewhere else. So, it would be in his best interest to be with coaches that have worked with him and know him. The Orioles aren't releasing him either way, so it's a moot point.

It's a moot point. Tillman won't be pitching in the Os minors. 

Archived