Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2018

OFFNY

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice to have you back around, even if the losing followed you.  ;)

Thanks Brother.  Work has been horrendous the past couple years, and still is, but I try to get on here a little bit every couple days to see my old pals.  

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Look at that!  I mean, really look at it!  And we wonder why we're terrible?  

I don't wonder take 4 guys out of any lineup and you can't have a good lineup.  Schoop has been out most of the year, Trumbo the entire year, Joseph has looked like the guy that had no RBI two years ago not the same guy from last year.  Mancini missed a few games, Beckham is out now and and may have been bothered more then he led onto.  We have one guy that is carrying the offense and even the guys that are healthy have been off to a slow start.  We have some depth at catcher and outfield but didn't have much at all if the infield went down and those are the younger guys that usually play most of the games. 

29 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I don't wonder take 4 guys out of any lineup and you can't have a good lineup.  Schoop has been out most of the year, Trumbo the entire year, Joseph has looked like the guy that had no RBI two years ago not the same guy from last year.  Mancini missed a few games, Beckham is out now and and may have been bothered more then he led onto.  We have one guy that is carrying the offense and even the guys that are healthy have been off to a slow start.  We have some depth at catcher and outfield but didn't have much at all if the infield went down and those are the younger guys that usually play most of the games. 

Schoop hasn’t been our most of the year, he’s missed the last 9 games.    Unfortunately he wasn’t hitting well in the 14 games he played.    

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Strange Joseph is catching with a RHP for the Tigers starting. Maybe they figure with Tillman pitching there is no chance for the home team to win the game anyway. 

Any time Buck makes an inexplicable lineup decision, it is usually based on matchup stats. Sure enough, Joseph is 2 for 6 against Fiers. 

Anyone who watches tonight with Tillman pitching is the definition of a masochist.

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Any time Buck makes an inexplicable lineup decision, it is usually based on matchup stats. Sure enough, Joseph is 2 for 6 against Fiers. 

Anyone who watches tonight with Tillman pitching is the definition of a masochist.

I'll be watching. He was a little better last time out. If he builds on that good. If not he doesn't have much time left , maybe one more start.

16 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES )))))))) (vs. TIGERS, 4/28)

Trey Mancini - 1B

Jace Peterson - 2B

Manny Machado - SS

Adam Jones - CF

Danny Valencia - 3B

Joey Rickard - RF

Anthony Santander - DH

Craig Gentry - LF

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

A.B.C. - RHP )) (1-3, 3.60 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER 

Francisco Liriano Casillas - LHP )) (2-1, 3.13 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

This is the worst lineup I’ve seen in 6-7 years for us. The 6-9. Then Pederson batting 2nd. They are our best 9 right now so they should be playing, except Caleb. It’s just a sad year. 

This is the worst part of a rebuild. Being terrible and having to watch stop gap players before the prospects arrive. 

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is the worst lineup I’ve seen in 6-7 years for us. The 6-9. Then Pederson batting 2nd. They are our best 9 right now so they should be playing, except Caleb. It’s just a sad year. 

This is the worst part of a rebuild. Being terrible and having to watch stop gap players before the prospects arrive. 

The rebuild hasn't started yet.  This was a team built to win.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The rebuild hasn't started yet.  This was a team built to win.

We’re in the worst phase of a rebuild.  Playing out the string with a losing team until the trade deadline. Then you have the stop gap phase and a 100 loss season (2019).  Then maybe you are a surprise team in 2020. 

Archived