2018 Kevin Gausman

Il BuonO

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

There is that but it is more directed at those posters who think Kevin for some reason isn't a "winner" and can't pitch with a lead ect, ect.

Well, he’s not is he? Do you know how many career wins he has? Pathetic.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

There is that but it is more directed at those posters who think Kevin for some reason isn't a "winner" and can't pitch with a lead ect, ect.

Obviously since he pitches better without a lead, the Orioles just won’t score any runs.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s been very good since then, but in truth he was pretty good the 2 starts before that as well.  By the way, it was his own idea.   https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-kevin-gausman-delivery-tigers-20180418-story,amp.html

So I’ve heard. It’s great when the pitchers are coming up with mechanical fixes. They should have a coach who specializes in that kind of thing.

o

Gausman's Strikes-to-Balls ratio was through the roof ........ )107 Pitches )(86)Strikes, )21)Balls)

22 OUTS: 7 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 6 Strikeouts, 4 Lineouts, 2 Foulouts, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout

K.J. GAUSMAN )))))))) (vs. D-RAYS, 5/11)

IP:llll7.33

H:lll 11) l(2 Doubles, 9 Singles)

R:llll  2

BB:lll0

SO:lll6

Pitches: l) 107 )(86)Strikes, )21)Balls)

2018 ERA: l) 3.18 )  51.00 IP  (18 ER H/BB) 

2018 WHIP: l) 1.196 )  51.00 IP  (61 H/BB) 

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .246 )(49 for 199)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 lll(91 lStrikes, lllllBalls)

10 lll(81 lStrikes, llllllBalls)

22 lll(19 lStrikes, lllllBalls)

18 llll(13 lStrikes, lllllBalls)

81 llll(81 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

18 llll(14 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

10 llll(81 lStrikes, lllllBalls)

81 llll(71 lStrikes, llllllBalls) ) *

* )) Gausman recorded 1 out before departing in the 8th inning.

o

o

14 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Flyouts

K.J. GAUSMAN )))))))) (vs. RED SOX, 5/17)

IP:llll4.67

H:llll 8) l(2 Home Runs, 6 Singles)

R:llll  6

BB:lll2

SO:lll6

Pitches: l) 101  )(59 )Strikes, )42)Balls)

2018 ERA: l) 3.88 )  55.67 IP  (24 ER H/BB) 

2018 WHIP: l) 1.275 )  55.67 IP  (71 H/BB) 

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l) .260 )(57 for 219)

PITCHES BY INNING

36 lll(18 lStrikes, ll18 lllBalls)

18 lll(12 lStrikes, lll61 llBalls)

81 lll(51 lStrikes, llll31 llBalls)

12 llll(91 lStrikes, llll31 llBalls)

27 llll(15 llStrikes, ll12 llllBalls) ) *

* )) Gausman recorded 2 outs before departing in the 5th inning.

o

Gausman lacks mental toughness. You’re an athlete. You’ve been playing baseball your whole life. You can’t sense when a runner is sprinting off first base?  You cans throw to the right base?  

Everytime the runner acted like he was going to take off Gausman should’ve stepped off and threw to 2nd. Who cares if you look dumb?  He looked really dumb last night. Amateur stuff. 

Had a bad outing.  Happens to everyone.  

Will be watching his next start like a hawk.  Really curious to see if his this outing is a revert to form or merely a bad start and he can start a new streak of good ones.  

I remember for a month or two where it looked like Daniel CaBBrera looked like he had turned a corner and we were all excited, turned out it was a mirage.  I am hoping that's not the case here.

Perhaps bringing up a new catcher, who doesn't have a reputation as a defensive whiz, against the best hitting team in the majors was not a good idea.

It was comical how much Susac moved the glove in his attempt to frame pitches. Someone needs to tell him that only works when you make a subtle motion, not when you jerk you glove around on every single pitch even the ones that are already in the strikezone.

4 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Perhaps bringing up a new catcher, who doesn't have a reputation as a defensive whiz, against the best hitting team in the majors was not a good idea.

It was comical how much Susac moved the glove in his attempt to frame pitches. Someone needs to tell him that only works when you make a subtle motion, not when you jerk you glove around on every single pitch even the ones that are already in the strikezone.

Goodness. This player needed a chance. This team is going nowhere. It's good for young players come up. 

10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gausman lacks mental toughness. You’re an athlete. You’ve been playing baseball your whole life. You can’t sense when a runner is sprinting off first base?  You cans throw to the right base?  

Everytime the runner acted like he was going to take off Gausman should’ve stepped off and threw to 2nd. Who cares if you look dumb?  He looked really dumb last night. Amateur stuff. 

It was a little weird because it's like Gausman was giving a tell 5 seconds before he threw, that gave away his intentions.  It's a bad start, which happens.  I'll withhold judgement until that becomes a trend.

Honestly the way they were doing it didn't smell right to me.  Gausman needed to do a better job adjusting and stepping off, but it just seemed a bit too supernatural.  But maybe thats why they're tied for first and the O's, well, aren't.

4 minutes ago, Hallas said:

It was a little weird because it's like Gausman was giving a tell 5 seconds before he threw, that gave away his intentions.  It's a bad start, which happens.  I'll withhold judgement until that becomes a trend.

Honestly the way they were doing it didn't smell right to me.  Gausman needed to do a better job adjusting and stepping off, but it just seemed a bit too supernatural.  But maybe thats why they're tied for first and the O's, well, aren't.

https://nesn.com/2018/05/orioles-kevin-gausman-seems-a-little-suspect-of-red-soxs-baserunning-tactics/

“I thought it was weird that two of the three times they stole on me, I was picking. It kind of raises some eyebrows as to how they knew and those types of things, but that’s all on me.”

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I disagree with the NESN assessment that it wasn't a sign steal or a tell, and they just thought they could get away with it.  It was almost certainly a tell of some sort, or a sign steal.  But then, it's NESN, so they're probably going to come to a more Red Sox friendly assessment.

It'd be nice if Gausman didn't get tilted like that about it, but it happened so many times in that one inning that it was hard for him to think about it more and figure out what he was doing wrong.

Archived