2018 Mike Wright

Frobby

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Wright is a perfect barometer for the Oriole Hangout psyche.  Where else can we see such wild Dickensonian swings.

It was the best of times:  Mike Wright comparison to Jake Arrietta...Brady is god!  

It was the worst of times:  Mike Wright should be DFA'd Brady should be banished.

Such is the life for OH in 2018:  As foretold by Charles Dickens in 1859...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He is terrible.  Million dollar arm, 10 cent head.

He has shown flashes, but he can't put it together consistently.  Just when you think he's turned the corner, he reverts.  

I'm tired of watching him, too. 

Let an unproven guy get his chance to sink or swim.

It’s not like Wright throws 100 mph.  And he has no out pitch.  

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And that’s the problem.  Wright is a thrower not a pitcher. 

I don’t know what it is but I have an irrational dislike of the guy.  

For me it's the fact that he's a thrower, not a pitcher.  You're correct.  He's almost like another Brad Pennington.  But that's what's frustrating, there's good stuff there, he just can't harness it.  

Also, he doesn't keep a cool head which is probably part of the reason he can't get it together.  He gets frustrated easily.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

For me it's the fact that he's a thrower, not a pitcher.  You're correct.  He's almost like another Brad Pennington.  But that's what's frustrating, there's good stuff there, he just can't harness it.  

Also, he doesn't keep a cool head which is probably part of the reason he can't get it together.  He gets frustrated easily.

It must be frustrating for some other guys who have the know how but not the stuff to succeed, to watch a guy with that stuff go to waste.

46 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tyler Wilson come to mind.

It’s seems like the two will forever be linked. Wilson is killing it in the KBO. I would not be surprised for him to latch on in an NL team’s rotation and put up a sub 4 ERA season. 

As for Wright, I just don’t even see how he has anything more than an average arm. Even out of the pen. I can’t believe he’s arb eligible. Outside of his first two good starts with us as a MLB’er what has he done?  

I’d rather have an optional arm, making the league min., next year. 

Archived