Anybody interested in an unofficial MiL Hangout Night in Bowie on May 5?

Frobby

14 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Hey Frobby,

Thanks for putting this together. Are you planning on getting tickets in a specific section or going for the general admission tickets?

I'll let you know by tomorrow 9:30am if I can make it.

What do you think would be best?   I thought we should try for good seats, since they’re much cheaper than for a major league game.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What do you think would be best?   I thought we should try for good seats, since they’re much cheaper than for a major league game.  

I'm thinking section 206, tickets purchased in advance would be $13 a piece and if you call the Baysox directly vs ordering online should be able to avoid any fees. There are a ton of good seats left in 104 at $16 if you want to be real close to the action. I like being close but not too close if that makes any sense. Whatever you decide with, I'm fine.

Where are we on this?   Everyone getting their own ticket or did someone purchase them already?   Do we have a meeting time & place?

Looks like beautiful weather Saturday.   EDIT:   Oops, the weather page was open to my mother's town of Fort Edward NY because I'm going up to visit her late next week and I had been checking the long-range forecast.

Looks like we could see some rain Saturday.

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Where are we on this?   Everyone getting their own ticket or did someone purchase them already?   Do we have a meeting time & place?

Looks like beautiful weather Saturday.   EDIT:   Oops, the weather page was open to my mother's town of Fort Edward NY because I'm going up to visit her late next week and I had been checking the long-range forecast.

Looks like we could see some rain Saturday.

I’m going to hold off on buying tickets until late in the week to see if the weather forecast becomes more firm.    No point in buying tickets to a rained out game, and honestly, if it’s going to be one of those games that takes 4 and a half hours because you have to sit through rain delays, I might punt.   I’ll check back in on Thursday.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to hold off on buying tickets until late in the week to see if the weather forecast becomes more firm.    No point in buying tickets to a rained out game, and honestly, if it’s going to be one of those games that takes 4 and a half hours because you have to sit through rain delays, I might punt.   I’ll check back in on Thursday.   

It looks like only a light rain at 9 am and then 6pm. Hopefully it holds off. An Orioles Hangout Night and Schoop would be cool.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It looks like only a light rain at 9 am and then 6pm. Hopefully it holds off. An Orioles Hangout Night and Schoop would be cool.

Believe me, we’ll go if the weather looks cooperative.    I’m skeptical of weather forecasts that are more than 1-2 days out, especially when it comes to precise timing of precipitation.   So, let’s just wait a bit.   

o

Regarding the AA-Baysox' 4 home games on Thursday (May 3rd), Friday (May 4th), and Saturday (May 5th), and Sunday (May 6th):

The Baysox will be having back-to-back fireworks nights on Friday and Saturday. The fun doesnt end there, though.

On Thursday, the first 350 fans ages 13 and older will receive a mystery bobblehead. The bobblehead will be wrapped up and could be a bobblehead of Zach Britton, Manny Machado, Dylan Bundy, Babe Ruth, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, or others. It will truly be a mystery.

In addition to fireworks after the game Saturday, it is also Tribute to the Negro Leagues Night, which will feature appearances by former Negro League players, who will be there to sign autographs and take photos with fans. Theres even more fun to have on Saturday as its also Art in the Park Night, where fans will have the opportunity to interact with up to 10 published youth authors from Prince Georges County, and kids can help paint a mural that will be hung inside Prince George’s Stadium during the 2018 season.

Last (but certainly not least), Sunday is Character-A-Palooza, where you have the opportunity to meet and take pictures with three of everyones current favorite characters in Peppa & George, as well as Doc McStuffins.

With O’s on the West Coast, Check Out Affiliates’ Promotions

(By Josh Michael)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/05/josh-michael-with-os-on-west-coast-check-out-affiliates-promotions.html

o

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Regarding the AA-Baysox' 4 home games on Thursday (May 3rd), Friday (May 4th), and Saturday (May 5th), and Sunday (May 6th):

The Baysox will be having back-to-back fireworks nights on Friday and Saturday. The fun doesnt end there, though.

On Thursday, the first 350 fans ages 13 and older will receive a mystery bobblehead. The bobblehead will be wrapped up and could be a bobblehead of Zach Britton, Manny Machado, Dylan Bundy, Babe Ruth, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, or others. It will truly be a mystery.

In addition to fireworks after the game Saturday, it is also Tribute to the Negro Leagues Night, which will feature appearances by former Negro League players, who will be there to sign autographs and take photos with fans. Theres even more fun to have on Saturday as its also Art in the Park Night, where fans will have the opportunity to interact with up to 10 published youth authors from Prince Georges County, and kids can help paint a mural that will be hung inside Prince George’s Stadium during the 2018 season.

Last (but certainly not least), Sunday is Character-A-Palooza, where you have the opportunity to meet and take pictures with three of everyones current favorite characters in Peppa & George, as well as Doc McStuffins.

With O’s on the West Coast, Check Out Affiliates’ Promotions

(By Josh Michael)

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/05/josh-michael-with-os-on-west-coast-check-out-affiliates-promotions.html

o

Also, I'm throwing out the Cermeonial First Pitch tonight.

Flying down to see Dr. Andrews for Tommy John surgery tomorrow. Should be back in time Saturday for the Hangout game. 

The weather forecast for Saturday night remains murky.    Weather.gov says showers and thunderstorms likely before 8 pm, then chance of showers or a thunderstorm thereafter.    Chance of rain 60%.     I don’t want to commit to this just yet.    My proposal is to wait until noon on Saturday and then decide — by then we should have a good idea of what’s in store.    Is everyone comfortable waiting that long?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The weather forecast for Saturday night remains murky.    Weather.gov says showers and thunderstorms likely before 8 pm, then chance of showers or a thunderstorm thereafter.    Chance of rain 60%.     I don’t want to commit to this just yet.    My proposal is to wait until noon on Saturday and then decide — by then we should have a good idea of what’s in store.    Is everyone comfortable waiting that long?

Works for me

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Fine by me.

Archived