Has there ever been a player at Davis level

brooksfrankjim

10 hours ago, ChuckS said:

There is almost no doubt that this is going to go down as the worst contract in O's history and one of the worst in the history of major league free agency.  The sad thing is, an overwhelming percentage of the arm chair GM's that make up this message board have been predicting that from that the date that it was signed. 

The only ones surprised by this unfolding are the O's FO, no doubt.  

I think we all thought it was an overpay. I don't think anyone thought he would be this bad, this quickly. Heck, even as of last year, I didn't think he would get any worse. And yet, he has somehow managed to lose 200 points of OPS from what was already an extremely frustrating .215/.732 195 K 2017.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bonecrusher52 said:

Found this video on twitter today. Kinda make me wonder if there is something going on between Trumbo and Chris Davis. I thought it was really weird at the time.

Saw that too. I just interpreted it as Chris being down on himself (he smashed his bat in the A's dugout the following game I believe). He is definitely not a happy camper out there but I highly doubt anything personal there.

1 hour ago, Bonecrusher52 said:

Found this video on twitter today. Kinda make me wonder if there is something going on between Trumbo and Chris Davis. I thought it was really weird at the time.

My guess is Trumbo pinched Davis' nipple.

And by the way, not only is Davis possibly the worst hitter in baseball right now, he is batting 4th behind Manny!!! 3 games in a row vs OAK, Buck takes the bat out of Manny's hands, O's lose all three games. Did batting 4th help Davis get on track at all? 1 for 13. I think Buck is just trolling the fan base at this point.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

And by the way, not only is Davis possibly the worst hitter in baseball right now, he is batting 4th behind Manny!!! 3 games in a row vs OAK, Buck takes the bat out of Manny's hands, O's lose all three games. Did batting 4th help Davis get on track at all? 1 for 13. I think Buck is just trolling the fan base at this point.

I know I'm going to get blasted for this but batting Davis 4th is moronic. Buck is a smart guy so you have to wonder if he's just doing it for his own amusement at this point. There's no logical explanation.

34 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

Couple of home runs. Has he figured it out?

I am not getting my hopes up but I thought it was a good sign that the last one went opposite field. It looked like he was trying to go that way earlier in the AB too. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I am not getting my hopes up but I thought it was a good sign that the last one went opposite field. It looked like he was trying to go that way earlier in the AB too. 

He looks way more confident at the plate. He hit every ball last night with some authority. Not getting my hopes up either, but always felt a big cause of his issues was mental.

Archived