MLB Trade rumors on Orioles overhual .

HOF19

There's a 0.00% chance they trade any arb-eligible pitcher that is 2+ years from FA.  Plain and simple.  Unless it's a DFA trade of Mike Wright.

They'll sell off their 1 great asset and see if they can dump Brach, O'Day, Trumbo and Britton. I'm 50-50 on AJ.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I like Wildcard, but you are overly optimistic about what this team has coming. 

The Davis deal will make it very difficult to do a whole lot in FA moves and extensions for current players.

I'm not convinced that either of the OF prospects ever amount to a major league regular. I guess they could be adequate as fielder's and maybe rely on power from the infield...maybe. That would put the O's in a position of needing 4 infielders via free agency. That's a tall order.

The Davis deal is 23m but only 17m of that is being paid now because of deferrals.  The is not going the stop the O's from acquiring or extending players.

Coming off the books:

Jones 17m, Manny 16m,  Britton 12m,  Brach 5.165M, Rasmus 3m, Tillman 3m. Valencia 1.2m. Gentry 900k.  That is 58m    Additionally I would not be surprised to see Trumbo  13.5m and O'Day 9m traded.   That totals 80m.

That can support a lot of  extensions and FA acquisitions if the O's keep spending which they have to do to keep MASN worth what they want it to be worth.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The Davis deal is 23m but only 17m of that is being paid now because of deferrals.  The tis not going the stop the O's from acquiring or extending players.

Coming off the books:

Jones 17m, Manny 16m,  Britton 12m,  Brach 5.165M, Rasmus 3m, Tillman 3m. Valencia 1.2m. Gentry 900k.  that is 58m    Additional I would not be surprised to see Trumbo  13.5m and O'Day 9m traded.   That totals 80m.

That can support a lot of  extension and FA acquisition if the O's keep spend which they have to do to keep MASN worth what they want it to be worth.

This is all true.  I'd honestly like to see them take all that money that's coming off the books and give it to Manny.  I don't think they can do it though, too late.  

I don't think Trumbo gets traded, there's no value there.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

This is all true.  I'd honestly like to see them take all that money that's coming off the books and give it to Manny.  I don't think they can do it though, too late.  

How much money would you have to throw at Machado to get him to forgo free agency?

I'm guessing it would be more than he could get in free agency.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Depend on how Trumbo hits this year.   

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm over MM. Between his selfish demand to play SS and his horrible nonchalant defense when put there, he can go to LA or NY and knock himself out, as far as I am concerned. He is shaping up to be ARod part II.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

How much money would you have to throw at Machado to get him to forgo free agency?

I'm guessing it would be more than he could get in free agency.

I have no idea, I hate playing the whole armchair GM thing.  

My thoughts are that this team is going to be absolutely pathetic for years to come.  Having Manny gives a semblance of hope.

Just now, wildcard said:

Depend on how Trumbo hits this year.   

Trumbo sucks.  

Just now, Uli2001 said:

I'm over MM. Between his selfish demand to play SS and his horrible nonchalant defense when put there, he can go to LA or NY and knock himself out, as far as I am concerned. He is shaping up to be ARod part II.

That's cool.  

Hope replacing him will be that easy.

Archived