Tillman starting Thursday

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Per Roch, Tillman is going to start Thursday, not Saturday.

Gives the bullpen a possible chance to rest on Friday and hopefully only need to be ready for one game of the doubleheader Saturday.

One thing for sure, the bullpen will be not be resting on Thursday. Neither will the fans in the bleachers reaching for souvenirs.

The royals don't have a powerful offense so maybe Tillman can keep it to 5 innings and 6 runs.

31 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Wow, just wow. Can someone explain the argument for giving him more starts, because I don’t get it. 

We have 6 games in 5 days.   We are already going to have to bring up a minor leaguer for one day to start one of the games of the doubleheader Saturday.  

Starting Tillman Thursday means that if the bullpen is needed a lot Thursday, they can be rested on Friday so we have a few guys fresh on Saturday, when we know we will need bullpen.

it's an accident of schedule that just at the time it became really obvious to dump or hidTillman, we have 6 games in 5 days.

If we don't skip him NEXT time through the rotation, when we have an off day next Monday, then that would be an indication that they really are going to stick with him way longer than they should.

I give them a pass on this one due to the doubleheader.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We have 6 games in 5 days.   We are already going to have to bring up a minor leaguer for one day to start one of the games of the doubleheader Saturday.  

Starting Tillman Thursday means that if the bullpen is needed a lot Thursday, they can be rested on Friday so we have a few guys fresh on Saturday, when we know we will need bullpen.

it's an accident of schedule that just at the time it became really obvious to dump or hidTillman, we have 6 games in 5 days.

If we don't skip him NEXT time through the rotation, when we have an off day next Monday, then that would be an indication that they really are going to stick with him way longer than they should.

But they could have just used the 26th guy on Saturday to call up a Starter like Hess or Ramirez.  They could have then put Tillman as the long man on Saturday for either game.

Just now, LC_O's_87 said:

But they could have just used the 26th guy on Saturday to call up a Starter like Hess or Ramirez.  They could have then put Tillman as the long man on Saturday for either game.

Then who else do you put in the rotation.   We have SIX games in FIVE days.   You drop Tillman to the pen that puts us to 4 starts.   Hess on Saturday is 5.

You want to start Wright, I guess?

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Then who else do you put in the rotation.   We have SIX games in FIVE days.   You drop Tillman to the pen that puts us to 4 starts.   Hess on Saturday is 5.

You want to start Wright, I guess?

I'd rather they do anything then run Tillman out for another start.  

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Fair enough I suppose. Thanks for the explanation. To me it just highlights the lack of depth in the organization. 

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Per Roch, Tillman is going to start Thursday, not Saturday.

Gives the bullpen a possible chance to rest on Friday and hopefully only need to be ready for one game of the doubleheader Saturday.

He's a Buck guy that's going to go on all year might as well get used to it. Buck says he's going to come around sees light at the end of the tunnel. ?

In all honestly with the double header the O's really don't have a better option most likely?

Archived