Our Own Jeff Maier?

bobmc

My local paper (here in the heart of Central FL, Villages Daily Sun) had this wonderful summary of the Oriole win last night and guess what - we have Jeff Maier Lite!

Edit: I wasn't saying he WAS JM, just thought it brought back memories and yes he was in the stands and not reaching over wall .....

32252718_10216036388733116_2847362411562

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Absolutely not. The ball is in the stands. The kid in this case had every right to go after that ball. Meier reached into the field of play in clear case of fan interference.

Exactly. The Yankees should give back pennant if they had any honor. 

7 minutes ago, weams said:

Unlike the Yankee cheater. 

Haha. I don't blame the kid for trying. I blame the umps for making the wrong call and MLB for not stepping in. Should have replayed the game from that point like the George Brett pine tar game.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Haha. I don't blame the kid for trying. I blame the umps for making the wrong call and MLB for not stepping in. Should have replayed the game from that point like the George Brett pine tar game.

I'd have been fine with that. 

51 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Absolutely not. The ball is in the stands. The kid in this case had every right to go after that ball. Meier reached into the field of play in clear case of fan interference.

Hence, JM Lite - just thought it was "cute"....not saying.  But what about my local paper?  Truth be told, they only did this because our O's were playing the locals (TBRays).  They cull the wire stories pretty well and here even called young Chance a "rookie".  I love it!  Does Patrick Semansky, the AP fotog, do nice work?

Patrick Semansky

"I'm an Associated Press staff photographer in Baltimore, Maryland. Before moving to Baltimore, I freelanced for the AP and other clients in New Orleans, Louisiana. I graduated from Santa Clara University in California with a B.A. in English in 2006. "

Email: psemansky@gmail.com 

MDPS119a-1.jpg

http://www.patricksemansky.com/sports-singles/MDPS119a/

The Maier ball would have hit about a foot below top of the wall. Maybe lower. This looks to be two or three feet over the wall. 

I still say the O's win that game and perhaps the series if that little turd didn't interfere and/or the umps made the right call. 

4 minutes ago, Tbone83 said:

The Maier ball would have hit about a foot below top of the wall. Maybe lower. This looks to be two or three feet over the wall. 

I still say the O's win that game and perhaps the series if that little turd didn't interfere and/or the umps made the right call. 

Yes yes - see OP edit above but got a rise out of y'all!  As Tony would say, "Haha".

50 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Yes he did and how that stupid umpire couldn't see that is beyond me. 

14 minutes ago, Tbone83 said:

Stupid umpire. It was so obvious. Oh well.

Archived