It's all about the fans

webbrick2010

Gotta love the love that MLB and especially the O's show their fans.

Why not move with a few hours notice the start time of a game from 7:05 to 12:05, there are probably only a few thousand tickets sold and those people don't mind paying for a game that they can't attend

Perhaps the O's are offering a refund to anyone that doesn't want to leave work to attend a 12:05 game in a steady light rain before it becomes a steady downpour?

Well fans don't matter anyway

Come on, webbrick.  This year has been like Christmas morning to you already.  No need to make things up to criticize them for when there's plenty of low-hanging fruit for you.  They moved the game up a half hour to try to squeeze it in before the heavy rains come.  I think most of the 2,000 fans who were planning to attend will be OK with it.

Just to be clear,  in case anyone actually thinks webbrick has a point here.............

The ACTUAL truth is that last night's rain out game has been rescheduled for July 12th.   You can re-use the tickets from last night to attend or try to exchange them through the ticket office, subject to availability.

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

29,706. Was WJZ Kids Weather day which usually draws  a good crowd, Did not see the game so have no idea how many fans were actually there.

First game all year where the camera over the pitchers shoulder showing the batter and the seats behind home plate, showed no fans in those seats...

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Just to be clear,  in case anyone actually thinks webbrick has a point here.............

The ACTUAL truth is that last night's rain out game has been rescheduled for July 12th.   You can re-use the tickets from last night to attend or try to exchange them through the ticket office, subject to availability.

That has nothing to do with this game ,of course. The game today was schedules at 12:35 before the change. i am sure the school kids who miss a day of school were happy either way.

6 minutes ago, Natty said:

First game all year where the camera over the pitchers shoulder showing the batter and the seats behind home plate, showed no fans in those seats...

They usually are all in the Upper Deck but I have no idea if most of the schools decided not to come due to weather.

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Wait till Manny us gone. How will attendance be then? 

I have never understood this argument but enough people make it that I guess it has some merit.  Do people really go to the game to watch one player?  I can't ever imagine thinking "Well I was gonna go but Manny isn't with the team anymore so now I'm not going to."

Archived