Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

The team has been awful since the Ubaldo playoff fiasco and quit with a month to go in the season last year.   Buck is clearly not getting it done.  His pitching and hitting coaches don't seem to help anything. 

I really don't know what positive he brings to the club at this point.   

I would trade Machado and Schoop as well.   Time to change something.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, atomic said:

The team has been awful since the Ubaldo playoff fiasco and quit with a month to go in the season last year.   Buck is clearly not getting it done.  His pitching and hitting coaches don't seem to help anything. 

Wont know what kind of team they have for another month or two. Buck will get that and the whole season.  Need to replace Tillman/Machado and possibly eat Davis salary. The rest is fixable. 

26 minutes ago, atomic said:

It's too early. Something is definitely wrong with this team though. But if Angelos did fire Buck then who takes over? This team is in a mess. 

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

It's too early. Something is definitely wrong with this team though. But if Angelos did fire Buck then who takes over? This team is in a mess. 

Yeah, I don’t see anyone better the front office could bring in.  If the Orioles choose to go a different direction just don’t resign Buck for 2019.  

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

BUCK!! HOW COME YOU AREN'T GETTING FIRST PLACE RESULTS OUT OF LAST PLACE TALENT!?!?!? What the hell are you DOING?!?!?  Why isn't TILLMAN pitching better?!?!  Why isn't Davis hitting?!?!? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! 

Well, you do have those who theorize that it's Buck's fault they are on the team. I don't pretend to know who really made the decision and I don't believe the cognoscenti who post that they have an inkling of what really went on on Twitter, so I will just remain neutral in my thinking about who to blame.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

BUCK!! HOW COME YOU AREN'T GETTING FIRST PLACE RESULTS OUT OF LAST PLACE TALENT!?!?!? What the hell are you DOING?!?!?  Why isn't TILLMAN pitching better?!?!  Why isn't Davis hitting?!?!? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!! 

He put Davis in lead off spot and continues to play him against left handers.  If the team is going to be in last place with Buck two seasons in a row I don't see what the harm is in firing him. Can't do any worse.  We know he can't coach in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yeah, I don’t see anyone better the front office could bring in.  If the Orioles choose to go a different direction just don’t resign Buck for 2019.  

If I were a baseball manager I wouldn't work for the Angelos's. 

13 minutes ago, atomic said:

He put Davis in lead off spot and continues to play him against left handers.  If the team is going to be in last place with Buck two seasons in a row I don't see what the harm is in firing him. Can't do any worse.  We know he can't coach in the playoffs. 

Cool off. CD isn't in  first hole anymore. So why bring that up? 

25 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Cool off. CD isn't in  first hole anymore. So why bring that up? 

Because it HAPPENED!  And it happened for like, 5 games.  AND THAT IS 5 GAMES TOO MANY!  

Davis against lefties?!?! THAT IS WHY WE ARE LOSING.  Buck's fault.  If Buck was sitting Davis against lefties we'd be 12-2, just like the Sox.

This is the most ridiculous thread anyone has started this year. Buck does not deserve to be fired. The Orioles schedule has been absolutely brutal. The weather has been absolutely ridiculous. The Orioles starting pitching is still a work in progress. I am glad you guys are not running the Orioles.

2 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

This is the most ridiculous thread anyone has started this year. Buck does not deserve to be fired. The Orioles schedule has been absolutely brutal. The weather has been absolutely ridiculous. The Orioles starting pitching is still a work in progress. I am glad you guys are not running the Orioles.

Yea, it's on Dan for not building a team to play in adverse weather conditions like the Red Sox and Blue Jays did!

I'm not saying Buck should be fired but folks, you have to stop blaming the weather.  Both teams have to play in it.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, it's on Dan for not building a team to play in adverse weather conditions like the Red Sox and Blue Jays did!

I'm not saying Buck should be fired but folks, you have to stop blaming the weather.  Both teams have to play in it.

Completely disagree.I was looking at the weather charts with the guys from NOAA.We noticed a disturbing pattern. When the opposing team got up the winds were blowing out and when the Orioles came up winds were blowing in.It is charted in the FWIND baseball charts 

Archived