Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, atomic said:

The team has been awful since the Ubaldo playoff fiasco and quit with a month to go in the season last year.   Buck is clearly not getting it done.  His pitching and hitting coaches don't seem to help anything. 

I really don't know what positive he brings to the club at this point.   

I would trade Machado and Schoop as well.   Time to change something.

Every time I read a thread like this I think of Randy Quaid from Major League,

Image result for randy quaid major league gif

3 hours ago, atomic said:

So finding a worse manager than Buck means he shouldn't be fired?   The team has finished in last place two times under Buck and headed for a third. 

How about Sam Perlozzo? Maybe give him a call? Or maybe Phil Reagan if he's still living? 

Considering Buck played a big role in signing Davis, Trumbo, and now Tillman, thats a real big chunk of payroll that could have been put to better use.

He brings a ton of great attributes to the club, but shares blame for its flaws too.  Is the juice worth the squeeze?  Probably still is.  But it’s not as clear cut as before.

42 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Considering Buck played a big role in signing Davis, Trumbo, and now Tillman, thats a real big chunk of payroll that could have been put to better use.

He brings a ton of great attributes to the club, but shares blame for its flaws too.  Is the juice worth the squeeze?  Probably still is.  But it’s not as clear cut as before.

Wonder if the Davis signing is what put Angelos into retirement.

1 hour ago, Old#5fan said:

Anybody know Lee Mazilli's number?

I bet if Lee Mazilli had a really good roster, he'd have been a better manager.

The more baseball I watch, the more I'm convinced the manager doesn't really have much to do with the overall wins and losses.

Look at Mike Scioscia out in LA.  He's been the Angels manager since 2000.  He's presided over some average clubs, he's presided over some really good clubs.  I'm willing to be the sub .500 teams he's managed didn't have great rosters.  

Just a hunch.  

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The more baseball I watch, the more I'm convinced the manager doesn't really have much to do with the overall wins and losses.

Look at Mike Scioscia out in LA.  He's been the Angels manager since 2000.  He's presided over some average clubs, he's presided over some really good clubs.  I'm willing to be the sub .500 teams he's managed didn't have great rosters.  

Just a hunch.  

I agree. Earl Weaver couldn't get a 500 record with this club right now imo.

This is a collection of over the hill guys like Davis and Trumbo, guys who are no longer good- Tillman and others, and marginally talented guys (lots of those).  What's really sad is that the O's payroll is almost as much as the Yankees.  The difference is that they are stacked with young and improving talent.  I think this team will be lucky to win 75 games even if they don't trade anyone. 

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

This is a collection of over the hill guys like Davis and Trumbo, guys who are no longer good- Tillman and others, and marginally talented guys (lots of those).  What's really sad is that the O's payroll is almost as much as the Yankees.  The difference is that they are stacked with young and improving talent.  I think this team will be lucky to win 75 games even if they don't trade anyone. 

x 2.

Can't really summarize it better than this.

And yet, people think Buck should have this team performing miracles.

7 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

This is the most ridiculous thread anyone has started this year. Buck does not deserve to be fired. The Orioles schedule has been absolutely brutal. The weather has been absolutely ridiculous. The Orioles starting pitching is still a work in progress. I am glad you guys are not running the Orioles.

There are always knee jerk threads that are essentially people sh!tposting and people yelling through their keyboards. These threads are normally full of hot takes that are so meme worthy that Skip Bayless and Steven A Smith would blush at. 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just a hunch.  

Casey Stengel. 

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just a hunch.  

Scosica is a lapdog to the owner. That's literally the only reason he's still there. Any other team and he's out the door quicker than you can put old bay on a crab cake. My worry with Buck is that he'll become Sparky Anderson 2.0. He did well there for a while and was a great GM, but overstayed his welcome way to long. 

Archived