A lot of player movement coming

wildcard

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Pedro was batting  .056 the last 28 days with no HR and no RBIs.

Rickard wasn't dumped, he still had options.

It was no surprise in either situation.  The only real surprise was it took so long for them to get around to DFA Pedro.   .180 Batting average doesn't cut it no matter how many home runs you have.  

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, atomic said:

You can get more than salary relief if the team claiming them wants to deal.   

I suspect Wilkerson goes down.  No reason to keep him up here once Beckham is back.  

If Mancini keeps hitting like he has been hitting, there is not reason for him not to go down.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If Mancini keeps hitting like he has been hitting, there is not reason for him not to go down.

You seem hell bent on sending Mancini down. 

If they are going to play Rasmus over a kid in the minors then they certainly aren’t going to demote Trey for a kid. 

16 minutes ago, atomic said:

It was no surprise in either situation.  The only real surprise was it took so long for them to get around to DFA Pedro.   .180 Batting average doesn't cut it no matter how many home runs you have.  

It wasn't but the poster was trying to drum it up, like it was a colossal mistake

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If they are going to play Rasmus over a kid in the minors then they certainly aren’t going to demote Trey for a kid. 

If Joey was hitting better than .146 the last 18 games, they wouldnt have used his option.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

If Joey was hitting better than .146 the last 18 games, they wouldnt have used his option.

He has already been up and down this year. 

My basic point is if this team demoted or released every player that didn’t hit this year they would not have enough players to field a team.  

20 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That is true.  But Wilkerson is not needed if Beckham comes back.  If you want to send Mancini down bring up Stewart or Mullins. Either way I see no point on having both Wilkerson and Peterson on the team.

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Caleb went down and now he seems rejuvenated.   It may do Mancini a lot of good to be in Norfolk for a little while.   Stewart is probably ready.  He is just not real hot right now.   Nothing that a few good games can't change. Same with Yaz but Stewart gets priority as a prospect.

Bench will be 

Valencia 

Peterson 

Wynns

Gentry 

They will try to move Valencia in a deal and I think they will. Remote chance Gentry gets dealt. At this point I think they keep Peterson rest of year. 

I see a guy like Wilkerson back when Valencia is gone. If they think a Stewart or Mullins is ready then they have to move Rasmus or Gentry. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He has already been up and down this year. 

My basic point is if this team demoted or released every player that didn’t hit this year they would not have enough players to field a team.  

That is not much of a point.   Mancini has options.    Not every player does. 

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

That is true.  But Wilkerson is not needed if Beckham comes back.  If you want to send Mancini down bring up Stewart or Mullins. Either way I see no point on having both Wilkerson and Peterson on the team.

Both can play the outfield

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Bench will be 

Valencia 

Peterson 

Wynns

Gentry 

They will try to move Valencia in a deal and I think they will. Remote chance Gentry gets dealt. At this point I think they keep Peterson rest of year. 

I see a guy like Wilkerson back when Valencia is gone. If they think a Stewart or Mullins is ready then they have to move Rasmus or Gentry. 

Or option Mancini.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Caleb went down and now he seems rejuvenated.   It may do Mancini a lot of good to be in Norfolk for a little while.   Stewart is probably ready.  He is just not real hot right now.   Nothing that a few good games can't change. Same with Yaz but Stewart gets priority as a prospect.

They may feel Trey needs to work through his issues up here. I am not saying it is crazy to send him down but he has had one full year of success. For all we know that knee may be playing a role also. 

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If he is not hitting then why shouldn't he go down? 

Archived