Wednesday starter?

amdcpus

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, terphoopsfan said:

especially if he pitched a 2 hitter for 7 innings

He did have a 7 inning, 1 hit shutout in his 3rd to last start for the Orioles. It was pretty lucky though, lots of hard hit balls.

So do we think Wright and Hess swap places?  Buck said something about "other roles" for Hess after Friday's game.  And I would think that if he were going to be optioned they would've done it Friday or Saturday.  No point in keeping him on the roster if he's not available to pitch unless you plan to use him later.  Maybe 3-4 innings for Wright, 3-4 innings for Hess and then let the bullpen take over...

39 minutes ago, OrioleRedenbacher said:

So do we think Wright and Hess swap places?  Buck said something about "other roles" for Hess after Friday's game.  And I would think that if he were going to be optioned they would've done it Friday or Saturday.  No point in keeping him on the roster if he's not available to pitch unless you plan to use him later.  Maybe 3-4 innings for Wright, 3-4 innings for Hess and then let the bullpen take over...

Possibly. Might send Hess down is another possibility.

1 hour ago, amdcpus said:

Possibly. Might send Hess down is another possibility.

That would make the most sense if they still intend to use Hess as a starter, but that's a poor roster management move if that's the case...Hess should've been sent down Friday, call up another bullpen arm - could've used that extra arm yesterday with a six run lead in the ninth instead of using Castro who Buck said they wanted to avoid.

Perhaps I'm applying too much common sense the the non-sensicalness that is this year.

On 7/1/2018 at 10:42 AM, amdcpus said:

Cobb on Tuesday, looks like they'll need a spot starter Wednesday with Bundy out until the 6th. Jimmy Yacabonis and Yefry Ramirez will be unavailable as they are starting for Norfolk on the 3rd and 4th. Castro maybe? Or does Tilly get the nod?

cmon Tilly!

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

It's a sad state of affairs that Yacabonis and Ramirez are the depth that is being used. I guess at least it's not Mike Wright? 

Ramirez hasn't really pitched much at all at the majors, so I'm not writing him off, especially after his last performance.

16 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

I'm not one that normally cares about the reporters asking Buck the "tough" questions, but his answer to this question today was so preposterous it drove me nuts.  A reporter asked him who he would be starting on Wednesday, and Buck said (paraphrasing), "I'll have to sit down with Roger and discuss where we are.  We were really hoping to avoid using Castro today".

REALLY BUCK???  YOU WERE HOPING TO AVOID USING HIM BUT JUST HAD TO BRING HIM IN IN THE 9TH TO LOCK DOWN THAT 8-2 VICTORY????

Just like in the Toronto game he meant to bring in Britton but got the name wrong. Stuff happens

Archived