Cashner to DL

Natty

13 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

oh no. this might mean it's...Chris Tillman tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

I don't know how you justify putting a guy in the rotation who has struggled to get A ball hitters out. 

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

After all this time that surprises you?

When the Orioles lose to the Yankees 9-0 I'm not exactly surprised.  But I can still be unhappy about it.

And truthfully, yes I will be a little surprised if Buck seriously gives him the start.  He criticized Tillman in public about how he needs to get guys out in the minor leagues to get a promotion back up here.

4 minutes ago, Aglets said:

When the Orioles lose to the Yankees 9-0 I'm not exactly surprised.  But I can still be unhappy about it.

And truthfully, yes I will be a little surprised if Buck seriously gives him the start.  He criticized Tillman in public about how he needs to get guys out in the minor leagues to get a promotion back up here.

And then he used Tillman's own throwing errors to excuse his latest poor performance.

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And then he used Tillman's own throwing errors to excuse his latest poor performance.

That part doesn’t bother me so much.     The errors are unrelated to his pitching, and generally, Tillman has been a very good fielder.     So those errors could be seen as a fluky thing that made his pitching line look worse than the performance.    

That said, Tillman has done absolutely nothing to merit being reinstated to the big league roster. It’s a joke if they recall him, but on the other hand, it doesn’t really matter.    

Just now, Frobby said:

That said, Tillman has done absolutely nothing to merit being reinstated to the big league roster. It’s a joke if they recall him, but on the other hand, it doesn’t really matter.    

Sure it matters. If we are going to stink, I'd rather see guys who are going to be here in the future get the most big league opportunities as possible.

Archived