John Angelos and Adam Jones dined, discussed Orioles and the community of Baltimore's future

Greg Pappas

5 minutes ago, joelala said:

I would take another year of control to mean that McCutchen's contract runs through the 2019 season.  As it stands, if we were to trade Jones to the Giants today, for instance, they would have had about a half year more of control of McCutchen than they would get with Jones.

..but the previous year hadn't started yet. Anyway, you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. 

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2018 at 1:43 PM, wildbillhiccup said:

So to start, it's not -1.4, it's -1.3. And you're also looking at a considerably small sample size. He hasn't been great in recent years, but he's been well under -1.0. For example, last year Mike Trout's dWAR was -0.8 the exact same as Adam's. 

Jones is a very, very slow CF.   His sprint speed is slower than Mancini’s!    Please wake up and realize that he is one of the worst defensive CF’s in the majors.   He’d probably be OK in a corner, but not above average IMO because of his lack of speed.  

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's a positive at least. 

Peter must be busy or otherwise unavailable.  I don't care who is supposedly running baseball operations after the season, bank on Peter handling any Jones negotiations directly himself.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

Pre game interview Jones said the ideal scenario would be if the O's traded him and resigned him.

I guess I could get behind that if he moves to Lf/Rf

Stewart, Mullins, Hays, McKenna.  Mouncastle?

I'd rather go with the youth.

Archived