What are the chances of another July deadline trade?

Diehard_O's_Fan

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Gotta trade Schoop and/or Gausman to get an organizational changing return

YES. Gausman might be the best pitcher on the market (if made available) now that Hamels and Happ are gone.  And the three years of control left have to be attractive to alot of teams. 

I think Schoop does go though. He's heating up at the perfect time. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm encouraged by the moves that have been made, the FO would prove that they are committed to a new organizational  dawn and rebuild by dealing the two/three most valuable players left in Gausman, Bundy, and Schoop.  If they do it now we get the types of players Manny would have commanded last year or at the end of the previous year.  If they make those moves those moves now, they show that they understand how to get value that they missed out on with Manny.  Schoop should definitely be moved if possible, but maybe Gausman and Bundy next year... I'm always leery of waiting due to potential injury or performance concerns.  Strike whilst the iron is hot.

I think there's another deal or two or three.  Whether it comes before July 31st???  It's only 4 days away.  Altho, the Orioles saying they'd listen about Schoop and Gausman is encouraging to me.

2 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

While I'm encouraged by the moves that have been made, the FO would prove that they are committed to a new organizational  dawn and rebuild by dealing the two/three most valuable players left in Gausman, Bundy, and Schoop.  If they do it now we get the types of players Manny would have commanded last year or at the end of the previous year.  If they make those moves those moves now, they show that they understand how to get value that they missed out on with Manny.  Schoop should definitely be moved if possible, but maybe Gausman and Bundy next year... I'm always leery of waiting due to potential injury or performance concerns.  Strike whilst the iron is hot.

I think there's another deal or two or three.  Whether it comes before July 31st???  It's only 4 days away.  Altho, the Orioles saying they'd listen about Schoop and Gausman is encouraging to me.

If Gausman goes, it better be for a great haul.

I can see how lit up OH will be, everytime he pitches well. UGH

26 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Strasburg went back on the DL, do the Nats make a trade for SP?

They're considering selling if they don't sweep. I think Cashner makes some sense for them. He'd be cheaper and the backend of their rotation is struggling. 

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

They're considering selling if they don't sweep. I think Cashner makes some sense for them. He'd be cheaper and the backend of their rotation is struggling. 

The nats are struggling, but still in it, and I doubt they wave the flag by selling.

But, heck, Ive been wrong before LOL

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Why, there are trades made after the deadline.?

Yes.   Some posters have mentioned Brach and Jones being moved in August, when they'll have to go through waivers.   No way Schoop or Gausman make it through waivers.

Archived