Buck's Legacy

Dr Dave

10 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

His legacy will be just fine. One of the best managers the O's have ever had. The major blemish being the Wild Card game in Toronto. Having a disastrous 2018 isn't Buck's fault. Buck brought credibility and integrity to an organization that had long lost it from a managerial perspective. A culture of winning...coupled with an amazing level of patience in the face of really difficult (recent) circumstances (see: one of the baseball's worst teams).

The Orioles are better for having had him. I'm going to miss him. He stands second only to Earl Weaver in my eyes. And he's easily #1 for managers I've watched man the Orioles.

Agree with pretty much everything here, but are you sure he’s leaving? Duquette doesn’t have a contract, but many here are convinced he’s staying.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Agree with pretty much everything here, but are you sure he’s leaving? Duquette doesn’t have a contract, but many here are convinced he’s staying.

I was convince during the off-season, that DD was gone.

But, the recent dealings, looks like DD in back at the wheel, and playing it, like he is not a lame duck.

11 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I was convince during the off-season, that DD was gone.

But, the recent dealings, looks like DD in back at the wheel, and playing it, like he is not a lame duck.

Looks like Pete was the lame duck

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

I should have said I'm going to miss him when he's gone. Whether it's at the end of this year or 20 years from now.

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Horse hockey.

What about 5 years and 1 almost WS, and the best record in the AL.

Hard to ping year 1 on him, he was still molding and getting the team straightened out.

The last 2 seasons has dimmed his star, but not destroyed it.

Legacy destroyed.  

Archived