Brewers- It's On

section18

5 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

I imagine this evening's uptick relates to Diamondbacks getting Escobar, who was another infielder on the shelf.

Twins still have Dozier, but in Yelich deal, Stearns paid the price for extra years of control.  That may give Schoop an edge on Dozier on a Brewer team looking to contend next year too.

Asdrubal Cabrera also moved (to Philly)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Woops, duly noted. Changing original post. Thanks.

You're overall point was certainly correct, though.  And if it's a Gausman/Schoop deal, we better be getting 4 or 5 of their top 10 prospects, at least.

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I hear the bag of balls is game quality.

I don't know...  Brach's value is right there in the range where we might be able to get their batboy instead.  What a coup that will be, if DD can pull it off.

40 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I'm kind of wondering how serious they are on Gausman.  If they have to shut Bundy down for any length of time that doesn't leave them much.  Ramirez doing well has helped but they need to cover innings.

Cover what innings?  We’re already the worst team in baseball. 

3 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I don't know...  Brach's value is right there in the range where we might be able to get their batboy instead.  What a coup that will be, if DD can pull it off.

No...the Orioles bat boy is solid, that move would be redundant. the Orioles should ask for a bullpen catcher and a rosin bag.

Hiura and Peralta are the names that interest me. 

This may have been already said, but I don't see the Brewers dealing Hiura unless Gausman is involved.  A Hiura for Schoop deal doesn't make much sense on their end.  Hiura is too good and too close to the majors for a 1.5 versus 6 years of team control trade off. 

I keep hearing how Hiura needs surgery on his throwing arm. If the Orioles were to acquire him, do they just let him continue to play until he breaks, or do they encourage the surgery now or in the near future?

12 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

I keep hearing how Hiura needs surgery on his throwing arm. If the Orioles were to acquire him, do they just let him continue to play until he breaks, or do they encourage the surgery now or in the near future?

Not a lot of data out there but it seems to me that TJ surgery is rougher on position players than pitchers.  Seems to impact their offense.

DD is going to earn his salary and then some with the Manny and Britton deals and hopefully Schoop and Gausman deal  If my math is correct  DD has saved in the Manny deal about 5 million, the Britton deal $3.5million and the Gausman and Schoop deal will save about $8 million. $16.5 million is a  big savings.  If we can move them get it done Dan. I think we should get at least 6 players back for them. I'll be checking national reports the next few hours to see who may be coming back to us in a deal. An AJ deal would save about 5 million and a Trumbo deal about $3.5 million.  $25 million total if DD can move them.

24 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

Most recent information I can find says that the partial tear in his elbow healed with non-invasive treatment. He had some soreness at the beginning of the year that kept him at DH, but played 2B regularly thereafter. Haven't seen anything to indicate that surgery is on the horizon, but then again...the O's medical review would settle that quickly.

Archived