Machado comments after trade

jrobb21613

what do you think Manny is referring to?

Asked what went wrong w/ the 2018 #Orioles, Manny Machado said "It’s been for years now, some of the people haven’t been on the same page. It was just a matter of time that things weren’t going to be as lucky as they were in the past.”

@BaltimoreSun story bsun.md/2mMquqG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

what do you think Manny is referring to?

Asked what went wrong w/ the 2018 #Orioles, Manny Machado said "It’s been for years now, some of the people haven’t been on the same page. It was just a matter of time that things weren’t going to be as lucky as they were in the past.”

@BaltimoreSun story bsun.md/2mMquqG

I don't know. It's in the past. I will let sleeping dogs lie.

Sounds like DD and Buck were not agreeing on things.  When people tell me Angelo's sons are different,  I see Buck mismanaging the team with no consequences and I know the leaves didn't fall too far from the tree. 

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

Sounds like DD and Buck were not agreeing on things.  When people tell me Angelo's sons are different,  I see Buck mismanaging the team with no consequences and I know the leaves didn't fall too far from the tree. 

So you honestly think Peter would have allowed DD to trade Manny and Britton? I think the sons are better than their dad. I'm hoping John or DD fires Buck if he wants to come back. 

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

He was asked a question.  I am not sure why him answering it would bother you. 

I just feel there’s other ways to go about it.  Especially considering leaving Baltimore “left a hole on his heart”.

9 hours ago, oriolesacox said:

I just feel there’s other ways to go about it.  Especially considering leaving Baltimore “left a hole on his heart”.

The mismanagement of the team, the quarrels between different vague levels of decision-making, may have been what started the hole in the first place.

At the same time, I think Manny usually had his way while with the O's. They always bookmarked his page.

Well Manny is going to say things that most likely relate to him. The biggest thing to impact him was the Chris Davis contact and we all know that was a Brady/Buck/AJ thing and not really DD. If we don’t give that contract then we could’ve had a better shot to sign Manny. 

Archived