Grade the Schoop Deal

Frobby

Grade the Schoop Deal  

188 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the Schoop Deal?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/18 at 01:26

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Schoop strikes me as a kid in a man’s body. I would not doubt it if he’s missing being around players that he knows. 

I have always thought in spite of his success he doubted himself.  I guess it was the deal that sold some of his future value.  I hope he turns it around.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Brewers board is now talking about nontendering Schoop. If he keeps this up, we could get him back cheap while taking their prospects!

Oh man, unlikely but best thing I heard all day. Love me some Schoop!

4 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Schoop strikes me as a kid in a man’s body. I would not doubt it if he’s missing being around players that he knows. 

If that's true the Dodgers shd try to sign him.

8 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Brewers board is now talking about nontendering Schoop. If he keeps this up, we could get him back cheap while taking their prospects!

Well then, BrewersHangout is a bunch of morons. Schoop isn't a free agent until after next season so reaching that judgement all of 7 games into his Milwaukee career is absurd.  His June 2018 line was .144/.217/.299/.516, and the next month it was .360/.356/.700/1.056.  Second, if he has such a terrible 2019 season that they don't tender him a contract, then what does that say about the Orioles team that would take him back?

35 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Well then, BrewersHangout is a bunch of morons. Schoop isn't a free agent until after next season so reaching that judgement all of 7 games into his Milwaukee career is absurd.  His June 2018 line was .144/.217/.299/.516, and the next month it was .360/.356/.700/1.056.  Second, if he has such a terrible 2019 season that they don't tender him a contract, then what does that say about the Orioles team that would take him back?

Ah, like this board hasn't jumped to conclusions after a handful of games before :) 

11 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Hilariously I thought about such a scenario the other day.  It's highly unlikely, I think, that would happen, unless Schoop absolutely craps the bed the rest of the way and/or Milwaukee misses the playoffs.  That would be an exceptional trick to pull off, but even if Schoop struggles the rest of the way I imagine someone will get him before we would.  

11 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Thankfully Monday morning QBs on message boards don't make the decisions. Shaw will shift back to 3B and Schoop will be their starting 2B in 2019. You write that down in ink. There's also no reason for the Orioles to even consider bringing back Schoop. 

42 minutes ago, ShaneDawg85 said:

Hilariously I thought about such a scenario the other day.  It's highly unlikely, I think, that would happen, unless Schoop absolutely craps the bed the rest of the way and/or Milwaukee misses the playoffs.  That would be an exceptional trick to pull off, but even if Schoop struggles the rest of the way I imagine someone will get him before we would.  

What if Shaw proves he can hold down 2nd base defensively?  Schoop as a SS over a course of a season is a stretch. Schoop is making $8.5 million this year. Players always get raises. He’s looking at $10+ million next year. Why keep him if you’re the Brewers?

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What if Shaw proves he can hold down 2nd base defensively?  Schoop as a SS over a course of a season is a stretch. Schoop is making $8.5 million this year. Players always get raises. He’s looking at $10+ million next year. Why keep him if you’re the Brewers?

The hope he looks like the 2017 or even 2016 version of Schoop if nothing else I guess.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Moustakas is on a one year deal, so there's no reason Shaw can't move back to 3B in 2019.

Of course Hiura will also be knocking on the door in spring training and they may be ready to bring him up as soon as May.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Or...they can trade him in the off season and get back the same if not more in a trade.

Archived