Dan says "tear it completely down"

wildcard

Dan was on the game broadcast tonight and said they decided to do what the Cubs, Astros, and Phillies have done and tear it completely down.  Ask why Gausman with years left on this contract he said if the player is not going to be there when the tear in good again its time to trade them.  

Sounds like losing 100 games for at least 3 more years.   

Its makes me wonder why the O's would pay Buck 3.5m per year to lose 100 games.  They can find cheaper managers to do that.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping that we will at least have an athletic team to watch in the next few years. The last 2+ years have been difficult to watch defensively and on the base paths. Once Trumbo, Jones, Valencia, ets. are gone, we should at be able to improve on that. 

I'm also all for getting rid of the players we know aren't mlb regulars too (Rickard, Santander, Susac, etc.) Those guys have had their shot IMO. We might as well take a few lottery tickets on other long shot guys. 

6 minutes ago, weams said:

bacropphoto015.jpg

Too many high floor guys close to the majors for it to be a repeat of 2000.  I bet over half of the 15 guys we acquire reach the majors and some have type of impact.  I'm not sure any are future stars though.

We got lucky with Mora.  He was a 28 year old utility player when we acquired him.  The returns/scouting/homework involved with those deals was horrendous.  

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I think with the massive salary dump in process, we need to non-tender Beckham. There is really no reason to pay him the next couple seasons.

Somebody has to play these two seasons.  He won’t kill you pay wise probballly 4 million and 6 million.   You play him hope he has hot first half one season and can trade him, he still has some tools.

13 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I'll do it for $500K.  I've been coaching little league for 25 years and the Orioles will have similar talent the next couple years.

OK with me, but there are some differences in the rules. Please be sure to check them out.

Archived