Duquette in mix for Mets new GM

Roll Tide

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I think you’re very wrong.    Teams aren’t allowed to talk with free agent players before their contracts expire, and the same applies to front office personnel, managers and coaches.    

Teams aren't supposed to have deals in place with underage international prospects either.

1 hour ago, Finisher said:

Just googled to see if they were still together (was assuming not). Apparently she tried to kill him in 2013.

She's not aged well.  I always thought she was a bit overrated (as far as being a beauty) even in her prime.  She was certainly good at getting publicity though. 

36 minutes ago, atomic said:

If DD has other options why wouldn't he take them?  He could get a 4 year deal and by the time the deal ends he would be retirement age.  

Well, I am more than comfortable saying that question was asked and answered in 2014.

35 minutes ago, atomic said:

Not if you are just selling the team and your main goal is to cut as much salary from the books and you don't want to sign any GM to a deal beyond this season. 

If I am trading off assets, I want to get something back regardless of the long term goal.  But as to all of this being part of a strategy to lower salary...well I'm gonna stick with actions speak louder than words. But I admit, there is an awful lot of window dressing going on and an awful lot of good things being said without firm commitments.

Personally, I'd like more details on the rebuild plans and I'd like an announcement as to a leader of that plan.  I't doesn't have to be today, but as all of this is happening, there are articles today linking our GM to another team and another article saying our rebuild should be around Buck.  These are just words....but they speak to actions not taken.  Neither Buck nor DD are committed to the rebuild.  So, there is kind of a plan, and DD has been articulating and following it.  But I don't think this can wait till November and if someone didn't win a power struggle, then the chances that anything really has changed are pretty small.

I dont like stuff coming out today on Buck and DD at all.  

17 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Their plan at the TD was too consistent. If they were up in the air about the next GM they would't have been. 

I would agree that most of the tea leaves signaled DD had won the power struggle...And yet today there are two articles, one saying Buck should be kept and built around, the other that the Mets are open to DD.

17 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

After reading the article, it’s pretty thin.  Mets need a GM.  Duquette needs a job.  Presto chango, viola!  But not one even anonymous source.  Total speculation.

Cafardo is good at speculation, facts, not so much.

26 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Their plan at the TD was too consistent. If they were up in the air about the next GM they would't have been. 

It would be surprising to me if they let a GM that is leaving trade Gausman.

2 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

It would be surprising to me if they let a GM that is leaving trade Gausman.

I agree. He traded both Schoop and Gausman and the plan he has detailed seems to be his. I think he's back next season. 

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Cafardo is good at speculation, facts, not so much.

His paragraph about the Mets GM job is mostly about Ben Cherington being mentioned for the job.   He then goes on to say: “Also mentioned for the job are Orioles GM Dan Duquette, former Dodgers GM Ned Colletti, and former Red Sox scouting director Jared Porter.”     Just who is “mentioning” these names is unclear.  

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

So if Duquette goes to the Mets,maybe we can get Anna Benson as GM.She can probably make some nice trades. An offer you cant refuse.

Can refuse because she'll kill you? 

Archived