Chris Hoiles' feat was just equalled

SteveA

2 hours ago, Finisher said:

Had money on Scherzer/Nats so of course that happened.

Crazy inning, too that loaded the bases for Cubs. Bobbled grounder that was ruled a hit. And two HBP. I was watching and had almost been lulled to sleep thinking the Nats had it in the bag. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, section18 said:

I was at this game and started to leave.  I left my seats in closer to the Oriole dugout and was out in the CF Bleacher Section standing in one of the tunnels or openings. An usher tried to get us to leave saying we were blocking the entrance. Huge pet peeve with these guys. We didn't leave just sort of backed up a little but clearly could see the ball leave the park.  I almost got into it at a recent game where something similar happened and I said don't you have anything better to do?  He repeated your blocking the aisle. I was against the side wall and was not  blocking it. As memory serves it was raining  lightly when he hit it and it was to leftfield. Great moment !  My girlfriend said I'm glad you wanted to wait to the end.  I rarely leave a game before it's over. This was one time I will never forget.

Fire code, man.

Just watched the highlights on both grandslams.  I have to say, I'm much more of a fan of the Hoiles hit as he seemed to remain much more professional in his celebration.  The Cubs need to remember kids are watching these games.  Nothing wrong with celebrating, but ripping the dude's shirt off and going bat poop crazy?  Come on now.  makes miss Markakis even more.

40 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Just watched the highlights on both grandslams.  I have to say, I'm much more of a fan of the Hoiles hit as he seemed to remain much more professional in his celebration.  The Cubs need to remember kids are watching these games.  Nothing wrong with celebrating, but ripping the dude's shirt off and going bat poop crazy?  Come on now.  makes miss Markakis even more.

Markakis was a good player, but his personality was cold towards the media, and by extension the fans. As a fan I never felt any personal connection to him whatsoever. 

I hope every kid in America watched Bote show us how amazing baseball can be.

2 hours ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

Markakis was a good player, but his personality was cold towards the media, and by extension the fans. As a fan I never felt any personal connection to him whatsoever. 

I hope every kid in America watched Bote show us how amazing baseball can be.

I would not say Markakis was cold to the media or the fans.   He was shy, soft-spoken and not very, you know, eloquent.   But I felt a deep connection to him due to his modesty and work ethic.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I would not say Markakis was cold to the media or the fans.   He was shy, soft-spoken and not very, you know, eloquent.   But I felt a deep connection to him due to his modesty and work ethic.  

I see what you did there. And they say old dogs...

Archived