Our Guys Have Been Horrible For Other Teams.

ORIOLE33

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Schoop has spent time on the bench he’s been so bad. Gausman hasn’t exactly turned it around. Zach has been dreadfully bad. Even Manny hasn’t exactly been all that good since going to LA. So far, all these trades are looking pretty good.

With that being said, I want to see our former players do well, particularly Schoop and Manny. I’m not too surprised that Schoop has struggled, but I expected more from Manny. He wants that HUGE contract, he better turn it around.

Well I really don't care. They're not Oriole players anymore. Sorry but that's just the way I am. 

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Manny hasn’t been lighting up offensively but his defense has been good with Dodgers.  His dWAR is 0.6 with Dodgers compared to the -1.2 as an Oriole.

What position is he playing now? I thought I saw they had moved him to 3B because of an injury.

How would his metrics look if he had played 3B for the O's?

3 minutes ago, panick said:

What position is he playing now? I thought I saw they had moved him to 3B because of an injury.

How would his metrics look if (Machado) had played 3B for the O's (in 2018)?

Are we seriously going to belabor this point EVERY SINGLE TIME Manny's name is mentioned?!?

Enough! It's over! Stop.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Manny’s in a little slump offensively right now, but BB-ref has him at 1.0 rWAR in 24 games.    That’s better than a 6 WAR pace.   

Brach’s been terrific, 6 scoreless innings.   

Gausman’s had one mediocre start and one excellent one.

So really, two of the five healthy players we traded have been horrible.   Britton and Schoop.   We’ll see how they do the rest of the way.

Brach was an underrated move. He could just never get right for us or we could’ve actually got something. He was too worried about being traded. I think everybody was. Same thing as 2015, we had a bunch of guys on expiring contracts and we way underperformed. Usually players have big years in their contract years. Not for us. 

47 minutes ago, panick said:

How would his metrics look if he had played 3B for the O's?

He was playing 3rd until Turner came back off the DL.

I'm confused, we know what Manny is capable of as a 3rd baseman.

Manny-Machado-Orioles-Yankees-cannon.gif

DimwittedBreakableGreatdane-small.gifmachado-defense2.gif

040317_mlb_gif_machado_diving_med_8ztz87

2 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Schoop has spent time on the bench he’s been so bad. Gausman hasn’t exactly turned it around. Zach has been dreadfully bad. Even Manny hasn’t exactly been all that good since going to LA. So far, all these trades are looking pretty good.

With that being said, I want to see our former players do well, particularly Schoop and Manny. I’m not too surprised that Schoop has struggled, but I expected more from Manny. He wants that HUGE contract, he better turn it around.

Not really benched but rested in two of the 13 games they played. Other teams sometimes give a player a day off.That being said,Schoop has not been good.

Manny is walking but in the 24 games as a Dodger, he has 2 homers and five RBI'S and 29 K's .Still early sample sizes on both but Manny is trending more towards his season norms.

3 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Take back what I said.Schoop is not in the lineup again today after a day off.Kind of strange.

24 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Take back what I said.Schoop is not in the lineup again today after a day off.Kind of strange.

He’s been benched. Schoop is not some aging vet that needs multiple days off in August. 

2 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

He’s been benched. Schoop is not some aging vet that needs multiple days off in August. 

Not benched. Period of adjustment.?

MIL.svg

Schoop is not in the lineup for Tuesday's game against the Cubs.

Schoop will sit for the third time in 12 games since joining the Brewersat the deadline. He's hit just .154 with a .354 OPS for his new team, though the sample is obviously still small. Orlando Arcia will get the start at shortstop, with Hernan Perez starting at second base.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/brewers-jonathan-schoop-out-of-lineup-tuesday/

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Brach was an underrated move. He could just never get right for us or we could’ve actually got something. He was too worried about being traded. I think everybody was. Same thing as 2015, we had a bunch of guys on expiring contracts and we way underperformed. Usually players have big years in their contract years. Not for us. 

Chris Davis, Wei-Yin Chen and Darren O’Day didn’t have big years for us in 2015?   Who else are we talking about here?   I guess Wieters was just OK coming off his TJ surgery, and Norris crapped the bed, but I’d say we got more than our money’s worth from those five as a group in 2015.

Archived