Our Guys Have Been Horrible For Other Teams.

ORIOLE33

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Whammer said:

Gausman pitching tonight against Marlins. Braves in first place. Big game.

The Marlins are tied for the worst record in the NL, and score the fewest runs/game of any team in the league (3.69).     

11 minutes ago, Whammer said:

Gausman pitching tonight against Marlins. Braves in first place. Big game.

I think the Nats are cooked at this point. That game Sunday drove a fork through them. They have no bullpen and their offense hasn’t been as good. Phillies pose the only threat at this point. 

Just now, LocoChris said:

I think the Nats are cooked at this point. That game Sunday drove a fork through them. They have no bullpen and their offense hasn’t been as good. Phillies pose the only threat at this point. 

Strange things have been known to happen during the end of august and sept time periods.

12 minutes ago, LocoChris said:

The Nats remind me of the 2013 Orioles.  Hanging around for a while, but some August losses will destroy them.  The Cubs loss was reminiscent for those who remember of those painful losses in Arizona back in 2013 at the hands of Jim Johnson.

23 hours ago, Frobby said:

Manny’s in a little slump offensively right now, but BB-ref has him at 1.0 rWAR in 24 games.    That’s better than a 6 WAR pace.   

Brach’s been terrific, 6 scoreless innings.   

Gausman’s had one mediocre start and one excellent one.

So really, two of the five healthy players we traded have been horrible.   Britton and Schoop.   We’ll see how they do the rest of the way.

I listened to Brach on XM the other day... learned a lot about him and his character. He knew he was struggling in Baltimore and didn't make excuses. I like that. I'll "root" for him and hope he has success wherever he ends up.

4 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

The Nats remind me of the 2013 Orioles. Hanging around for a while, but some August losses will destroy them. The Cubs loss was reminiscent for those who remember of those painful losses in Arizona back in 2013 at the hands of Jim Johnson.

o

They remind me more of the 2015 Orioles, who were 42-39 at the halfway mark and finished the season at 81-81.

The 2013 Orioles were a stronger team that was 81-70 as late as September 18th, and finished the season with an 85-77 record in the toughest division in baseball.

Neither team was a playoff team, but I consider the 2013 Orioles to have been better than the 2015 team.

o

41 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

They remind me more of the 2015 Orioles, who were 42-39 at the halfway mark and finished the season at 81-81.

The 2013 Orioles were a stronger team that was 81-70 as late as September 18th, and finished the season with an 85-77 record in the toughest division in baseball.

Neither team was a playoff team, but I consider the 2013 Orioles to have been better than the 2015 team.

o

Without question.   But the Nats are a badly underperforming team, and much better than the 2015 Orioles.   They’ve outscored their opponents by 67 runs and their Pythagorean record is 67-53, 7 games better than their actual record.   The 2013 Orioles outscored their opponents by 36 runs and the 2015 team outscored their opponents by 20 runs.    

48 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

The 2015 team was injury bitten.  

5 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

The 2015 team was injury bitten.  

Not overly.    By my count, that year the O’s players missed 601 games with injuries.    That compares with  Tampa 974, New York 824, Toronto 622 and Boston 537 in the AL East that year.     

Archived