8/16 Roster move(s)

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Roch and the rest of the writers, it is between two players:

Ryan Meisinger and Luis Gonzalez.

Branden Kline was given a half second of thought.

I think they go with Meisinger for now and once September 1st hits, you will see a lot of moves and a full 40 roster, with Kline and Gonzalez.

I think they'll send Gentry back down.  

Rickard has an .865 OPS in the second half.  Gentry has a .608 OPS on the season.  Joey's been playing some good ball recently.  

More importantly, Cedric Mullins has reached base in every major league game he's played.  He looks great so far.

Just now, TommyPickles said:

I think they'll send Gentry back down.  

Rickard has an .865 OPS in the second half.  Gentry has a .608 OPS on the season.  Joey's been playing some good ball recently.  

More importantly, Cedric Mullins has reached base in every major league game he's played.  He looks great so far.

This call-up is probably a three-day thank you to Gentry for his services.     When Jones is back there’s no room for him and I’d expect him to be DFA.

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol. Orioles. Recall 34-year old outfielder who is OPSing low .600s on a rebuilding team. There is something to be said for being a Buck guy.

Yeah, I was definitely hoping for Stewart. Or Hays, even though I can see why not him. Even Santander would be cool but he's just getting back from injury. Yaz would be interesting he's been hot last few games and never seen the majors. But no, Gentry, the least exciting and most frustrating option.

Archived