This is one of the worst teams ever

Canson80

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

The new lineup is still a lot better than the old one... it's pretty much just the pitching right now

Welllll - with a hiccup now and then with the D (cough missed popups, cutoffs, throws across the diamond, routes to ball cough).  But Dickerson is on that, at least, and they  "own up" to their errors, so we good.  No one has quit (doing it wrong)!  

11 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I watched, for free. 

I want to see the guys I followed in the minors (Mullins, Wynns, Wilkerson, Corban**, Fry, Scott, Meisinger) in the majors. I also want to see if and how Nunez improves, if Rickard* can do things against teams not named "Tampa Bay," and how Mancini improves at first.

"Buckle Up"!  #hangonfortheride 

I agree!

* Legend_of_Joey

** Legend_of_Josephs 

14 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

He's not doing it this year. Snell is having a star-like season and Wendle and Smith could be stars one day. They are both having very good years. But these guys are all nobodies in Roy's universe. 

Snell is having a "Cy Young" like season. He really should finish second in the voting behind Sale. There's a chance both the AL and NL Cy Young winners finish with sub 2.00 eras. That's pretty incredible. 

15 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I want to know what kind of person would watch the Orioles play the Rays at this point..for any amount of money...or for any amount of time on TV?

I would watch the highlights... or low-lights.   It would take more than minimum wage to get me tuned into a whole game of this team.

45 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

I would watch the highlights... or low-lights.   It would take more than minimum wage to get me tuned into a whole game of this team.

MLB minimum wage??? I'll watch every inning!! This season certainly has been discouraging early on to the point that I had given up on the game, O's blogs and all the negativity in general. This past weekend I visited the HOF once again. It revitalized me in ways it never has....the introduction video reminded me of the greatness of the game...so many HOF'ers and their respect for the game that gave them so much...guys like Juan Marichal, Pedro Martinez, Joe Morgan, Ozzie Smith, Cal...So, I will happily go through the rebuild, not look back at the mistakes (past and future), not rate this or that, watch some very ugly games, see some players grow above expectations, some fall by the wayside, continue to refuse to say suck, stinks, bag of balls when describing all involved. These can be the fun times..The GAME is great, the current O's not so much. However, the joy when they do return to respectability will be so much more enjoyable after these times of despair.

1 hour ago, UpstateNYfan said:

MLB minimum wage??? I'll watch every inning!! This season certainly has been discouraging early on to the point that I had given up on the game, O's blogs and all the negativity in general. This past weekend I visited the HOF once again. It revitalized me in ways it never has....the introduction video reminded me of the greatness of the game...so many HOF'ers and their respect for the game that gave them so much...guys like Juan Marichal, Pedro Martinez, Joe Morgan, Ozzie Smith, Cal...So, I will happily go through the rebuild, not look back at the mistakes (past and future), not rate this or that, watch some very ugly games, see some players grow above expectations, some fall by the wayside, continue to refuse to say suck, stinks, bag of balls when describing all involved. These can be the fun times..The GAME is great, the current O's not so much. However, the joy when they do return to respectability will be so much more enjoyable after these times of despair.

? Swing and a miss.

... something more than "standard/real-world" minimum wage to watch on TV.  Hell, if they paid me League Minimum to watch I might GO to the games.?

18 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

He's not doing it this year. Snell is having a star-like season and Wendle and Smith could be stars one day. They are both having very good years. But these guys are all nobodies in Roy's universe. 

I'll just go ahead and say Snell is a star now. He's got a legit shot at the Cy Young Award.

5 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I'll just go ahead and say Snell is a star now. He's got a legit shot at the Cy Young Award.

He's gotta be doing it this time, next year for me, IMO.  Too many one year wonders, even though he was solid last year (ERA+ 119).

If he's got more IP at the end of the season than Sale, I'd give him the CYA.

9 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

The new lineup is still a lot better than the old one... it's pretty much just the pitching right now

We are a Feldman from contention. Once Villar’s Beckham-ish start with the O’s returns to normal Beckham-ish play, we will have multiple shortstops who can’t play shortstop but can run a bit. 

Dan turned a strong MLB team and underrated system into the worst collection of talent in baseball. There is no team that would trade positions with the birds, our most valuable asset, by a wide margin, is our draft pick, a dream, a hope, a human to be named later. What a time to be alive.

7 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Snell is having a "Cy Young" like season. He really should finish second in the voting behind Sale. There's a chance both the AL and NL Cy Young winners finish with sub 2.00 eras. That's pretty incredible. 

Not all that long ago Snell was someone Rays fans prayed could get through 5. The Tanner Scott is strong in the Snell.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 11:21 AM, Roy Firestone said:

Anyone think we will get to 50 wins?

On 9/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, Frobby said:

It is unlikely.    We haven’t won more than 9 games in any month this season, and we’d need 9 wins in 22 games to reach 50.    I said 47-48 a while ago and I’m sticking with that.

Up to 46 with four games to play.   Could be stuck at 46 or get to 50, but I’m liking the odds of 47-48 right now.   

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Up to 46 with four games to play.   Could be stuck at 46 or get to 50, but I’m liking the odds of 47-48 right now.   

They have won a few more games than I expected a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they can grab one this weekend for what it's worth.

Archived