How Do The Orioles Land On Sunday Night Baseball?

ORIOLE33

We didnt that many Sunday Night games when we were winning, now they want to put us on the National stage, and at home none the less. 

I thought they moved games to Sunday night that were of most importance this late in the season.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

The short answer is that the Sunday Night schedule was planned last December. I know sometimes they do change it but I guess there's not total flexibility. 

I feel like we've wound up on having about one Sunday Night game per year lately. 

Some of it was.  This game was scheduled for 1pm.  It was announced just a couple months ago that it was being moved to Sunday night.

7 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I don't blame you, ESPN's slobbering over the Yankees will be unbearable.

The Yankees have a really exciting team with some of the best, home-grown young players in baseball. The Orioles will be rolling out a bunch of guys with OBPs lower than their weight. If the O's want to get slobbered on - they need to be better.

43 minutes ago, theocean said:

The Yankees have a really exciting team with some of the best, home-grown young players in baseball. The Orioles will be rolling out a bunch of guys with OBPs lower than their weight. If the O's want to get slobbered on - they need to be better.

THIS.  Besides, a team playing .290 baseball through almost 80% of the season is so rare that it should be showcased. 

49 minutes ago, theocean said:

Even when the O's were good they slobbered over the Yankees.  

2 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Yes, but at Camden? It’s going to be embarrassing seeing all that blue cheering for the Yankees on Sunday night.

If you're not already embarrassed by being 52 games under .500, I don't think a few Yankees fans in Baltimore is gonna push anyone over the edge.  

Plus, look on the bright side.  We have nothing to lose.  The Yankees are in the playoff hunt and expected to win.  We are one of the worst teams in the history of the sport.  Imagine the embarrassment if we can beat the Yanks on Sunday Night Baseball!!!!!  

Archived