Catcher Carasouel

Legend_Of_Joey

15 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Buck won't do that, it might lead to Sisco starting against a left handed pitcher.

Yeah glad we still have the veteran "coach".  I mean look how innovation, thinking outside the box, trying different things have hurt the Rays this year.  "Old school" is still the best education, IMO!  ?

15 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The first time he got sent down, that whole day was just weird. He wasn't even on the bench that game. Wonder if it's something that stemmed from that day?

CBS Sports had this, and they was quoting Roch and MASN:

Sisco was a late scratch from Sunday's game against the Marlins after falling ill.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-chance-sisco-sent-down-to-triple-a/

12 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

That could be a darn good read, too.

Chance on his demotion  @Legend_Of_Joey:

“Like all season, there’s kind of been some ups and downs, but as of late things have been really well,” Sisco said before grounding out twice and striking out.

“I’m feeling really well, so I’m ready to be back here and see how it translates here. Just working on refining a couple things. Some things that got away from me that I had done really good in the past that just kind of got away from me and I didn’t really have a feel for it. So, just working on those things to get them refined, and happy to be back.”

Sisco didn’t offer up any specifics other than how he’s been working with hitting coach Scott Coolbaugh and carried those lessons with him to Norfolk.

“Just some things in my swing that kind of got away from me without really knowing that I hadn’t really had happen before, so you kind of go back and forth,” he said. “Whenever you’re struggling you’re always trying to search something to fix, and I didn’t really have the exact right plan for myself, I guess, to be able to fix it. I have it now and, hopefully, I’ll be able to stick with that plan going forward.

“A lot of it was just going back to what me and Cooly were working on earlier in the season. Something that kind of got away from myself and just went right back to that, and once I got back to that and got into a routine with it, I felt really good again.”

The Orioles have been offering resets to some of their struggling players this year. The usual approach is sitting out consecutive games, but for Sisco, it meant two trips to Norfolk. And not strictly because of a hitting slump.

Like when I got sent down, things were said that (there were things) that would probably be easier for me to figure out in a different spot,” he said. “So yeah, looking back on it, it was a nice little way for me to kind of reset myself and kind of learn some things about myself that I really didn’t learn before. So, to be able to hit the reset button and work on those things and get it right was nice.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/09/rogers-works-into-the-sixth-in-orioles-2-1-loss.html

On 9/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I wonder if they will pair Sisco up with a pitcher, similar to how they paired Wynns with Cobb. Give him one or 2 starters to work with the rest of the season, catch their bullpen days, ect.

Also give each of them 2 starts a week or so. 

I would just release Caleb. A 32 year old catcher who cant hit and isnt that great of a fielder on a team that is rebuilding makes zero sense.  

Archived