DJ Stewart and Carroll are called up

eddie83

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

As long as he plays at home I don't think it matters.

Not many folks watching real close.

Plenty of people are angry.  Read the comments on the MASN blogs.  I see no reason to make angry the few fans they have left.  And there were Oriole fans at the games in Tampa.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not a big fan of Stewart.  Don't understand why he's a prospect, other than draft status.  

Honestly, would rather see Jones in his swan song here.  Stewart hasn't done well for awhile, he'll have plenty of time to get at bats next year.  

He does a lot of things pretty well.

Some power, some speed, good glove in left, can get on base.

Hopefully he will be overshadowed by those coming up behind him but I'd rather see him in left than Mancini.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He does a lot of things pretty well.

Some power, some speed, good glove in left, can get on base.

Hopefully he will be overshadowed by those coming up behind him but I'd rather see him in left than Mancini.

Yes because Mancini belongs at 1st. Sit Davis or DH him for the remainder of the season. 

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll be surprised if Jones doesn’t start the vast majority of the remaining home games.

I think Buck will manage the series vs contenders (Oakland, Yankees, and Houston if they haven't clinched by then) more than the meaningless games (White Sox, Blue Jays, and assuming Red Sox will have clinched #1 across the board by the time we play them).

He'll use proven ML guys like Jones, Rickard (I know, don't laugh) vs the contenders and the Andreoli's and Stewarts and Ortiz will go in the meaningless games.

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not a big fan of Stewart.  Don't understand why he's a prospect, other than draft status.  

Honestly, would rather see Jones in his swan song here.  Stewart hasn't done well for awhile, he'll have plenty of time to get at bats next year.  

Yeah, I'd be fine sitting Jones for a prospect, but I'd question calling Stewart a prospect at this point.

7 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The Stewart call up is surprising to me. He didn't have a good second half and wasn't exactly forcing his way up.

Also confused as to why they put Susac back on the 40. He's not going to come back. 

My guess is they are trying to avoid a grievance  by reinstating Susac.

Archived