Mesa Brothers Declared Free Agents By MLB

section18

Just now, TonySoprano said:

Could this turn out to be what Syd Thrift called having "confederate money" or what Mike Flanagan would call "geographic preference?"

I think that only works on the level of established players with choices.  I think when you are new to the MLB and affiliates, all money spends well. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm already expecting him to be a glove first player.

Of course some folks don't see much value in that.

Ladies are reputed to love sluggers like Trumbo, CD and KD.  But then, the old Oriole Way is centered on defense also.

2 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Could this turn out to be what Syd Thrift called having "confederate money" or what Mike Flanagan would call "geographic preference?"

Someone I talk with and knows people has been hearing all along that Miami has this wrapped. I'm not so sure. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I believe the longer he doesn't sign the better chance for the Orioles to sign him. I'm worried that the Marlins have Miami, South Beach, and a large Cuban fanbase to sell him on a few million less than the Orioles. If he was dead set on Miami, he will sign right away. 

At least this is my theory! :D

If he wanted great Cuban food and to hang out with fellow Cubans, he could stay in Cuba. He's coming to America for $$$$$$$$$. The vast majority of free agent baseball players sign the biggest contract they can get. I can only remember a handful of players who didn't do this. 

Archived