Mesa Brothers Declared Free Agents By MLB

section18

It's finally happened ! MLB has declared the MESA Brothers free agents.  The Orioles and Marlins are the favorites to land him. They are now eligible to sign with an MLB team.

Quick review ! In his most recent full season of play in Cuba he had the following stats;

Victor Victor batted .354 with a.399 OBP, 7 homers, 40 steals, 17 walks and just 19 strikeouts in 290 plate appearances. Scouts say he is the top talent in the international class, offering elite speed a plus arm and a generally strong performance. He's 21 and believe he can start with a AA team.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Time for the O's to put up or shut up. After failing to acquire any top prospect(s) from the Braves for Gausman, it's even more critical they acquire Mesa. Their record is abysmal, attendance is non existent; it's very important the O's make a huge splash in the International market both for the future of the club as well as a sign to the fan base that things will change. Enough with the lip service.

I wrote this in another thread and will put it here as well as these are my thoughts on the situation.

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Time to put up or shut up.   I wonder how long this will drag on.

There is little doubt that signing Victor Victor is imperative for the Orioles. It would be somewhat embarrassing if he took less money to sign with the Marlins, but they do have that large Cuban presence down there and that could be an issue. Hopefully in this case, money will talk!

Archived