How Long is the Road to Contention?

WarehouseChatter

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Based on what? 

I wrote about this elsewhere: there were a number of signings that looked like a fantasy baseball team owner would make rather than a real-life baseball person. I can't remember all of the Bret Barberies and Matt Nokes's I cited, but they are (one of) the reasons I believe it to be so. The other will need to remain unmentioned in this public forum.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weams said:

Peter is no longer involved in the Orioles operations. And no, I won't discuss his health further. OH is a very nice place. Everyone gets to say their bit.  Debate is not the only way to be right. Why don't you just say me and be done with it.

I do not understand what you are saying, weams.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2760425?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

He's 15.

"As a 13-year-old, he hit two 500-foot home runs," says Brian Domenico, who founded and still runs the Showcase. "As a 14-year-old, he competed with all the top high school players. He hit 23 home runs, including one that went 504 feet. As a 15-year-old, he competed with the top college players and missed making the finals by one home run.

Oh Roy, the road to respectability is going to be long. The road to competitiveness even longer, but it ain’t changing today. I don’t recall anyone thinking when the Os won in NY that maybe it’s not that far. 

On the road, there will be setbacks. Let’s not try to make it even worse. And by the way, if the Orioles beat Sale tonight the road isn’t going to be any shorter. 

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 6:16 PM, weams said:

I won't argue with you. But you are dead wrong. 

You do not know what influence the boys may have had on dad 25 years ago. You may have inside info on certain things but, granted. But you are not the Holy Ghost; you are not omniscient. Just because you claim that I am "dead wrong" on my speculation, means zilch. You are speculating that I am dead wrong, you have zero proof. Unless you have been able to transform into a fly on the wall that follows Peter every single day of his life and listens to his conversations, you have no leg to stand on.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, weams said:

OH has great people who have all kinds of ideas and opinions. It's a great place. Instead of attacking OH in general. Go for me specifically. I can take it. 

OK, since your claim that I was "dead wrong" was intended as an attack on me, I will reply. You wouldn't have the temerity to mouth off like that if one of a dozen or so other posters conjectured extemporaneously about something none of us could ever possibly know the answer to.

There are some on OH who kiss up/kick down for no good reason other than to get their jollies. You jumped in my grill quickly to kick me down but have no proof nor evidence that my guess is wrong or right. And doing that flies against the role of "Moderator." Provoking another to defend himself against an attack is what an "Instigator" does. A Moderator prevents people from instigating fights on public forums. Often, you allow certain posters to bludgeon others with insults. And sometimes, you act in a way that a real moderator would reprimand a poster for.

You asked for it and I shared my honest opinion. And I expect I will be punished for it.

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

OK, since your claim that I was "dead wrong" was intended as an attack on me, I will reply. You wouldn't have the temerity to mouth off like that if one of a dozen or so other posters conjectured extemporaneously about something none of us could ever possibly know the answer to.

There are some on OH who kiss up/kick down for no good reason other than to get their jollies. You jumped in my grill quickly to kick me down but have no proof nor evidence that my guess is wrong or right. And doing that flies against the role of "Moderator." Provoking another to defend himself against an attack is what an "Instigator" does. A Moderator prevents people from instigating fights on public forums. Often, you allow certain posters to bludgeon others with insults. And sometimes, you act in a way that a real moderator would reprimand a poster for.

You asked for it and I shared my honest opinion. And I expect I will be punished for it.

Your statement -  "True, Peter Angelos was "the sole decision making owner" and still is this season, since neither John nor Louis is an owner. "

The Baltimore Sun published an article in May of this year that contradicts your claim that Peter is still the sole decision maker.  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-angelos-hierarchy-0523-story.html

PS) http://www.businesswritingblog.com/business_writing/2010/04/the-overuse-of-quotation-marks.html

3 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

You are entitled to your opinion with no punishment from me. 

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Your statement -  "True, Peter Angelos was "the sole decision making owner" and still is this season, since neither John nor Louis is an owner. "

The Baltimore Sun published an article in May of this year that contradicts your claim that Peter is still the sole decision maker.  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-angelos-hierarchy-0523-story.html

PS) http://www.businesswritingblog.com/business_writing/2010/04/the-overuse-of-quotation-marks.html

He is wrong. And temerity is not my bag. 

3 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

You do not know what influence the boys may have had on dad 25 years ago. You may have inside info on certain things but, granted. But you are not the Holy Ghost; you are not omniscient. Just because you claim that I am "dead wrong" on my speculation, means zilch. You are speculating that I am dead wrong, you have zero proof. Unless you have been able to transform into a fly on the wall that follows Peter every single day of his life and listens to his conversations, you have no leg to stand on.

They had bad influence on their father from all reports back when they were indeed BOYS of thirty. 

Archived