Would you non-tender Dylan Bundy?

webbrick2010

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Frobby,

Could you start a Would you non-tender Dylan Bundy thread?

I would certainly non-tender him and try to sign him back on a 1 year deal in the 2 million dollar range

Why? He's at $1.8 million this season while I'm not a fan of his, he's certainly worth that. Even with a bump in arbitration he'll probably be very affordable for the inconsistency he brings.

5 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Frobby,

I would certainly non-tender him and try to sign him back on a 1 year deal in the 2 million dollar range

While there is certainly reason to be concerned about Dylan Bundy. Cutting him would make him someone else’s and even if he returned here, it would take 2M +. 

Even though I think you tend to be overly negative at times. If you were GM, I don’t think you would non tender Bundy. 

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

While there is certainly reason to be concerned about Dylan Bundy. Cutting him would make him someone else’s and even if he returned here, it would take 2M +. 

Even though I think you tend to be overly negative at times. If you were GM, I don’t think you would non tender Bundy. 

There is NO WAY that Bundy has 0 trade value.

If for some reason you don't want him pitching for the O's next year, say you want to see Mike Wright start, then you trade Bundy.  Allowing him to become a free agent years early would just be doing him a huge favor. 

I'm sure a free agent Bundy makes more than an arb 1 Bundy.

He's striking out 9.6/9 someone takes a shot.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

There is NO WAY that Bundy has 0 trade value.

If for some reason you don't want him pitching for the O's next year, say you want to see Mike Wright start, then you trade Bundy.  Allowing him to become a free agent years early would just be doing him a huge favor. 

I'm sure a free agent Bundy makes more than an arb 1 Bundy.

He's striking out 9.6/9 someone takes a shot.

Plus, Bundy would probably breathe a sigh of relief to be removed from this rebuild.

20 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Frobby,

Damn WB, this is pretty low dude, even from you. Almost trollish.

Non-tender Bundy?

This is probably the craziest post on OH, that I have seen this season, and there has been many.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And no way in the world does Bundy sign a 1/2M deal with the O's if they are foolish enough to cut him.

The Orioles are not non-tendering Bundy no matter how awful he's been this year. Perhaps with a new pitching coach they can figure out what's wrong and teach him to pitch with his straight fastball.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles are not non-tendering Bundy no matter how awful he's been this year. Perhaps with a new pitching coach they can figure out what's wrong and teach him to pitch with his straight fastball.

Can we trade him to Atlanta for 2 months rental and let them fix him, and then bring him back? :):):):)

24 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I can’t wait to be rid of McDowell.   Overall, Buck has not done a good job of identifying and retaining good pitching coaches.   It’s one of his biggest failings during his managerial tenure here.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I can’t wait to be rid of McDowell.   Overall, Buck has not done a good job of identifying and retaining good pitching coaches.   It’s one of his biggest failings during his managerial tenure here.

McDowell developed a very bad rep for dealing with young pitchers in Atlanta before they fired him.  Looks like he doesn't deal real well with veteran pitchers, either.  

I have almost 100% confidence Bundy would become a front of the rotation guy with a real organization and a real pitching coach.

Almost laughable how quickly Orioles pitchers live up to their potential once traded. Whether we didn't see it (Richard Rodriguez, Zach Davies, Parker Bridwell, Andrew Triggs) or we saw it full well what they could do in Baltimore vs what they could do elsewhere (Miguel Gonzalez, Wade Miley, Jake Arrieta, Pedro Strop)

Archived