Orioles being sued over ADA issues

Legend_Of_Joey

2 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

With Lawyers, it's always about the money. They don't file these lawsuits with the expectation of no return.

Should they?   Do you do your job for free?

Lawyers do take cases pro bono at times.    I for one handled two race discrimination cases pro bono.   But I have no problem with a lawyer earning a fee for representing a client.    

54 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Lawyers do take cases pro bono at times.    I for one handled two race discrimination cases pro bono.   But I have no problem with a lawyer earning a fee for representing a client.    

A worker is worth his/her wages.

6 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24869982/wheelchair-users-sue-baltimore-orioles-accessibility-camden-yards?platform=amp

3 wheelchair users are suing the Orioles, saying they got stuck in wheelchair lifts.

On top of that, they claim the view from the seats in the lower level isn't good and they get obstructed whenever fans stand up.

I'm sorry, but EVERYONE gets obstructed when the fans infront of you stand up...

It's not like that at Nats Park.  I went to a game this season and sat in that section.  They are situated high enough that the view is not obstructed when the row in front stands.  There's a large section along the first and third base side.  There were also sections in the OF.   I don't know how the quantity of seats stack up to Camden Yards, but the section is very accommodating.

9 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

It's not like that at Nats Park.  I went to a game this season and sat in that section.  They are situated high enough that the view is not obstructed when the row in front stands.  There's a large section along the first and third base side.  There were also sections in the OF.   I don't know how the quantity of seats stack up to Camden Yards, but the section is very accommodating.

I don't remember how Nats Park was set up, but it sounds similar.

15 hours ago, atomic said:

I like no matter what the Orioles do people on here attack the other side.  I am not in a wheel chair you aren't in a wheel chair.  We don't know what really is happening.  

Yes, there is always this weird dynamic. Most of us continually gripe about the Orioles on OH. Some posters almost never have anything positive to say (cough, can of corn, cough).  But many posters automatically defend the Orioles when a national sports writer pens something negative about the Orioles. Now some are defending the Orioles and the stadium authority over an ADA lawsuit? The knee jerk reaction to immediately defend the Orioles is always weird IMO. By the way, this is a very small dollar lawsuit and lawsuits or threats of suing are key to getting ADA compliant changes made in existing structures. These actions happen every day all over the country. 

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

While, Ive never had the opportunity to meet you in person. You seam like a very honest and straight shooter.

Which you will admit, is not something you find all the time in your career.

I have no trouble with lawyers getting paid for the work they do.

I do sometimes question the $500+ that some charge.

I do have a problem with ambulance chasers looking to cash in on somebody's injury.

My own personal opinion, we live in a sue happy country, where lawsuits for anything that irks you

Archived