Duquette is expected to be fired

Thato'sfan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are trying to hire anyone worth their salt as their next GM or Team President, one would think that person is going to insist on a change/clarification of title for Brady Anderson.

I can't imagine anyone would accept the job as a new hire with Brady being allowed to float from assignment to assignment to the owners' box as he saw fit.

Just now, raypetty said:

What would the thoughts be IF the Angelos brothers brought in Cal Ripken as the new GM and let him pick the new manager?

I would be cool with that. We are a few seasons away from contending. Why not? Not sure who else that is very good that will take the job.

2 minutes ago, raypetty said:

What would the thoughts be IF the Angelos brothers brought in Cal Ripken as the new GM and let him pick the new manager?

That we will be lucky if the drought is only 14 years this time around.

I don't think owning a group of minor league teams is a qualifying trait.

2 minutes ago, raypetty said:

I'd prefer an experienced GM who has been part of a winning organization.   Not someone who has never negotiated a trade with another major league team, never been a part of a major league front office, never worked in a scouting department or player development department, and who has had little connection to major league baseball for 17 years.

I think it's a horrible idea.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

That we will be lucky if the drought is only 14 years this time around.

I don't think owning a group of minor league teams is a qualifying trait.

I hope not, I still think we're stocked up better than we were in like 09. I think playoffs in 2-3 years is very much in play honestly.

Edit: Oh you meant if Cal takes over, okay nevermind thought you meant were looking at another long drought.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• The answer appears to be, yes, you can receive more than one compensation picks. Angels -- Shohei Ohtani: Pick after Competitive Balance Round B Blue Jays -- Matt Chapman: Pick after Round 4 Cubs -- Cody Bellinger: Pick after Competitive Balance Round B Padres -- Blake Snell: Pick after Round 4 Padres -- Josh Hader: Pick after Round 4
    • the question isn’t about being able to make the offers, it’s about being awarded compensatory picks for more than one.
    • I don’t consider a 4 o’clock game a night game. He also caught Wednesday night and Thursday day this week. Moral of the story is McCann will start 4 games in 7 days because he is Burnes preferred catcher.
    • It is absolutely possible. In 2022, the Mets gave a QO to Bassitt, Nikki, and DeGrom. The Red Sox gave a QO to Boegarts and Eovaldi. The Yankees gave a QO to Judge and Rizzo. The Dodgers gave a QO to Turner and Anderson. I know that it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Santander will not be on the team after this season, and while I generally agree that it is more probable than not that he will not be re-signed, I do think there is a non-zero chance that he will be retained. I think he is the most likely of Mullins, Hays, and himself to be retained, even if it is a small chance. The team has told us how they feel about his bat because he plays essentially everyday, and I have heard Kostka say that they value his clubhouse presence.
    • Santander won’t get a QO, and if he did, he would accept. His defense is declining and we have too many capable youngsters who should replace him effectively. But to your question, I don’t know if there’s a limit, but I doubt it.
    • O's will probably have to wait till July for a trade because there are so many more buyers than sellers.  I think teams like the Blue Jays, Rays Tigers and Mets are likely to be sellers but they are still in the race although not very good teams as constituted. 
    • No Scott. He’s way too undependable. We need someone who WON’T enter a game and walk folks like he’s promoting a healthy lifestyle. He’s been a lot bette4 this season, but he’s too undependable, and we already have too many of those. No Flaherty either. That’s like taking your GF back after she cheated on you.
  • Popular Contributors