The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Also shortsighted to give away 750K if you don't already have a deal in place.

Unless of course they are actually targeting another 16 year old Korean.

Or if they never intended to consider giving Mesa the whole amount under any circumstance. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

More action in Rio.You mean baseball?

Well some folks created some of the best ballers in MLB - Arcia, Pina, Aguilar, Senzatela, Parra (yes Parra), Perez, CarGo, Chacin, Gleyber Torres - we missed out as we all know.

I know it's fun to blame the O's front office with all that's wrong in the world but if they can't close this out, I can't really blame them. I didn't like the Gausman trade but they went out and got the necessary Int'l money to at least be involved . If the guy wants to be around and play in front of a large Cuban population, you can't blame the O's on the lack of Cubans in the metro area. The fix seems like it's in. A workout in Miami. In Marlins Park. Marc Anthony, his agent, has ownership in the Dolphins. Gaston was set to sign with the Marlins before his bad drug test. This whole thing couldn't scream Miami more if it had Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine, Luther Campbell and Dan Marino involved.

Not to be all glass half full, but those photos look like just a photo opp. Victor Mesa's tweet just says "thanks for the visit." Not I'm joining the Marlins. 

Not saying the Marlins won't sign these guys, but let's try to at least let this thing play out. 

11 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Well I hope this is not the end of the international market for them. 

I guess it depends who the Orioles choose to make all decisions for the baseball operations. Maybe they don't want to saddle that individual with the Mesa. 

Archived