The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

Just now, section18 said:

So when do teams reach a deadline for obtaining int money? I thought I read recently teams were at their limit for obtaining more money.

The deadline for acquiring money is next year's deadline in early July.

There is a cap in how much a team can acquire.

The O's could spend more than the Marlins, but they might have to trade for more slots.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, section18 said:

So when do teams reach a deadline for obtaining int money? I thought I read recently teams were at their limit for obtaining more money.

I guess an example of not every posted is true.

MLBTR did post a tweet that Miami was scrambling to find more slot money.

Miami has to be at least close to what the O’s have now.  Before they were about $2-2.5M apart, but then again, we don’t know how much the Marlins obtained in the 2 trades.  The O’s trading $750k of their pool for Zoellner is looking worse and worse all the time.

2 minutes ago, Obando said:

Miami has to be at least close to what the O’s have now.  Before they were about $2-2.5M apart, but then again, we don’t know how much the Marlins obtained in the 2 trades.  The O’s trading $750k of their pool for Zoellner is looking worse and worse all the time.

But Jack Zoellner!

If the O's don't trade for Jack who is going to buy beer for the short season kids?  You don't want to put the clubhouse attendant in that situation.

4 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

They had around $4.3m prior to the trade w/ the Reds this past weekend. So it wouldn't shock me to see them around $5.5m-$6m between the two trades.

So you think those two players netted them $1.2 - $1.7 million?

Archived