The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

5 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

I'm waiting for a post that connect's Chris Davis' extension to Baltimore's crime since it's apparently responsible for all things Orioles. :(

The Ravens sure haven't suffered an attendance issue. Looks like 99% of their available seats are sold and occupied. 

They don't have Chris Davis.  Maybe he could play tight end and voila, empty seats.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Correct, I think if I remember right, they delayed exiting briefly, so they could get extra law folks on the scene, to make sure, people could leave safely.

It's not correct. Rioting broke out at pickles pub...right outside the stadium.

55 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He gets a "weird" message from a source he's not familiar with and he gets offended when folks question him?

There’s a select group of people that wouldn’t think you were a huge weirdo if you were messages from “sources” regarding an obscure Cuban baseball player with two first names. 

9 minutes ago, Chito said:

Now if they can trade a Zoellner-like talent, they'll be right with us at $6.7. Exciting!

Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if the Phillies send the $750K in pool money they got from us to the Marlins for someone better than Zoellner.  ?

Just now, connja said:

Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if the Phillies send the $750K in pool money they got from us to the Marlins for someone better than Zoellner.  ?

You had me going until you got to the better than Zoellner part.

I don't think you are going to find a lot of players better than Zoellner.

3 minutes ago, nate22 said:

So the O's could, in theory, offer the entire amount to get the Mesa brothers, forcing the Marlins to do the same. That would leave MIA with nothing to offer Gaston (assuming they don't add more).

Boom!  Thing we found ourselves a new GM!~

41 minutes ago, nate22 said:

So the O's could, in theory, offer the entire amount to get the Mesa brothers, forcing the Marlins to do the same. That would leave MIA with nothing to offer Gaston (assuming they don't add more).

I don't think the Marlins are acquiring money just to acquire money.  They must know the demands and are meeting them. 

3 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

As much of a non-player Jack Zoellner is, I can see myself bringing it up twenty years from now trying to be tongue in cheek about when the Orioles made a dumber move than whatever stupid thing they’re doing in twenty years.

Nice thing about the Oriole's is that they give you a lot of dumb move to choose from. 

8 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

As much of a non-player Jack Zoellner is, I can see myself bringing it up twenty years from now trying to be tongue in cheek about when the Orioles made a dumber move than whatever stupid thing they’re doing in twenty years.

I'm eagerly awaiting to find out where he falls on the top 30 prospect lists.

Archived