TT: Silence of Ownership is Deafening

Tony-OH

23 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The Sun article makes it sound like they are looking to replace Duquette.    Not sign a President and  a GM.  

Depending on the Orioles' eventual hire, the title of their new baseball operations leader has not yet been determined. But the Orioles are a little more than three weeks into a process the source said might take five or six weeks, including a likely break as some candidates take part in next week's MLB general manager meetings. So, the source said it’s possible the Orioles have a new leader in place by mid-November.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Who the hell is making the decisions right now, anyway? One would think they would bring in someone to call the shots. Instead they will get rid of everyone and only Brady will be left. Business as usual.  Odd, bizarre, perplexing

Since no one else is speaking and no one knows anything, I'd say a good chance that it is just John and Lou. And Chief Operating Officer Business, John Vidalin.

9 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

No rush?  The fans at GiantsHangout must be apoplectic. ?

The Giants just won 3 championships in the last 9 seasons.  That is some serious “currency” and I imagine their fans are doing just fine with their process.

3 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

The Giants just won 3 championships in the last 9 seasons.  That is some serious “currency” and I imagine their fans are doing just fine with their process.

They also draw from San Francisco. Quite a market. 

Unfortunately my info will be very muted going forward as my guy in no longer  in the employ of the O’s as of Wednesday.  He was very upset and frustrated by the incredible disfuction within the organization- too many cooks offering varied opinions often contrary to each other.  One thing he did say a while back is our Tony has a real good incite to the inter working and disfunctions of the organization.

13 hours ago, WI O’s Fan said:

Tidbits: 1. Os are / done getting rid of all Duquette people per Brian graham agenda.  He is very close w L.A. 2.  Very disfunctional organization but Duquette was trying to keep it together until he upset mgt w the blue jay temptation . From there on, they very much neutered all his work.  3.  He never wanted the Davis deal and tried to get a long term deal w manny but was constantly being undermined by Brian and Buck.  4. Duquette wanted international signings and was rebuffed by mgt- contact offers 12- 15 they were accepted by the athletes but not signed off by ownership. 5. Only hope is for an ownership change as there is no confidence in the son taking control properly.   

No. 4 is very upsetting.   Would be interested to hear more about negotiations with Manny.    

21 minutes ago, WI O’s Fan said:

Unfortunately my info will be very muted going forward as my guy in no longer  in the employ of the O’s as of Wednesday.  He was very upset and frustrated by the incredible disfuction within the organization- too many cooks offering varied opinions often contrary to each other.  One thing he did say a while back is our Tony has a real good incite to the inter working and disfunctions of the organization.

Sorry to hear that.  Did your source tell you who is truly making the decisions for the organization right now, and who told him he wouldn’t be retained?  I would assume it’s Brian Graham, since he has the interim GM title right now.  If it is Graham then I’m not surprised your source had a lot of negative things to say about him.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Graham, Brady & Rajsich once the new President/GM is hired.  If they stick around, it will tell me that things aren’t changing as much as we all hoped.  But if they are fired or reassigned, that will tell me John & Lou we’re being honest about letting the President have the final determination on all baseball matters, as stated in the press release.

7 minutes ago, Obando said:

But if they are fired or reassigned, that will tell me John & Lou we’re being honest about letting the President have the final determination on all baseball matters, as stated in the press release.

Maybe the President will wish to keep them. 

Archived