69 members have voted

1. 1. Who are #1-5 prospects for 2018

• DL Hall, Mountcastle, Diaz, Rodriguez, Akin
    • Mountcastle, DL Hall, Diaz, Ortiz, Rodriguez
    • DL Hall, Rodriguez, Mountcastle, Kremer, Diaz
    • Diaz, DL Hall, Mountcastle, Rodriguez, McKenna
    • DL Hall, Mountcastle, Diaz, Rodriguez, Kremer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/18 at 05:00

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is the order in which they’re listed supposed to indicate the order in which they’re ranked?   I note that Lists 3 and 5 are the same except for the order.

Hall, Mountcastle, Diaz and Rodriguez appear on all five lists, so it boils down to whether you think Akin, Ortiz, McKenna or Kremer is the one deserving of a top 5 spot.    Or another way to look at it is which of those four could you not see being relegated to 11th or lower.    

I’m voting for List 5 (Kremer in 5th) even though my personal vote would be for List 1 (Akin in 5th).   I just have the feeling Tony is higher on Kremer than Akin.    

Yes, the order listed is the ranking 1-5. You have a good feeling. ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, REDMAN said:

Mountcastle cannot be rated above 5th in the orioles system, he, at the present time, is only a DH, he can't play defense in the MLB with that arm,  he is all bat at this point. The orioles has many other two way players who should be considered better players than he is.

So you vote "None of the above".

Man, if you are right, that will be one trick poll Tony has pulled on us all.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

How is Kremer #6? Hays is #6. Let me see if there is way to let you revote. Never tried that before. If not just put your vote in here and I'll count that if you are right.

If Hays is #6 than 6-10 was option #1.   Hays, Harvey, Lowther, Knight and Haniffee.   And if that is true there is no telling whether McKenna, Akin, Ortiz or Kremer are in the top 5.   You have to think like Tony!

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

If Hays is #6 than 6-10 was option #1.   Hays, Harvey, Lowther, Knight and Haniffee.   And if that is true there is no telling whether McKenna, Akin, Ortiz or Kremer are in the top 5.   You have to think like Tony!

Good advice from a veteran of these votes! :D

17 hours ago, SteveA said:

So you vote "None of the above".

Man, if you are right, that will be one trick poll Tony has pulled on us all.

Not a trick poll, just a opinion, can only judge on what I have seen and who I have seen play, I read every scouting report I can find on the orioles prospects, but until I see them play I won't comment. Mountcastle is a stud hitter in a league where DH is easy to fill, there is no premium on a DH prospect, so putting him in the top five is a bad indication.h 

5 minutes ago, REDMAN said:

Not a trick poll, just a opinion, can only judge on what I have seen and who I have seen play, I read every scouting report I can find on the orioles prospects, but until I see them play I won't comment. Mountcastle is a stud hitter in a league where DH is easy to fill, there is no premium on a DH prospect, so putting him in the top five is a bad indication.h 

Although he's not a third basemen, Mountcastle is not some DH only player in my opinion. I would try him in left field first but he should have no problem playing first base if needed. His hands aren't awful and there are aren't a ton of throws that a first baseman has to make. The impact potential of his bat gets him rated so highly. The Orioles really don't have a guy who has average and power potential like Mountcastle. 

15 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I’m not exactly expert, but love Akin, so I went with #1. Whatever the list, three of McKenna, Akin, Kramer and Ortiz aren’t top 10.

I’m not sure what that says, but it says something.

It says we like ten guys better than three of them. ;) We'll explain in their profiles. Saying that, I think all four of them are big leaguers in some role and considering three of them will be outside the top ten, that says the depth of the system is improving.

41 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It says we like ten guys better than three of them. ;) We'll explain in their profiles. Saying that, I think all four of them are big leaguers in some role and considering three of them will be outside the top ten, that says the depth of the system is improving.

This is pretty important.  I think many times when we argue over who sits where, we are arguing over flavors.  I don't like chocolate or vanilla, I like strawberry.  We just need more ice cream!

Good to hear we are improving.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The annual offseason vote to figure out who's going to be the biggest disappointment.  

? woe is Moose!    Don’t worry, once a decade or so the player will actually pan out, until he’s a free agent or close.   

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The annual offseason vote to figure out who's going to be the biggest disappointment.  

They should call this award is the OHAHHA award.

You know....

You know...

The Oriole Hangout Annual Hunter Harvey Award!

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

This is pretty important.  I think many times when we argue over who sits where, we are arguing over flavors.  I don't like chocolate or vanilla, I like strawberry.  We just need more ice cream!

Good to hear we are improving.

That's part of the reason for putting out the current, most likely, and ceiling scouting grades. Those are more important than ranking order in my opinion but everyone likes lists. :D

Archived